Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 08/11/2019 5️⃣

Questions about things we should never do…

1. Which book should I never attempt to read and why?

2. Which film should I never watch and why?

3. Which food should I never try and why?

4. Give me one good piece of advice

5. Make up your own cautionary Friday Five question and answer it…

Tough Questions this week

1. Which book should I never attempt to read and why? The Count of Monte Christo - Such an ambiguous ending after such a huge book

2. Which film should I never watch and why? Any spiritual Horror Movie. Why bother to even go there?

3. Which food should I never try and why? Cockles - and I live in Penclawdd. They don’t look nice at all. Slimy mush.

4. Give me one good piece of advice. Be completely and authentically yourself inside and out. It makes life so much easier.

5. Make up your own cautionary Friday Five question and answer it…Which activity sport should you not try? I stopped canoeing after almost drowning in a whirlpool. An innocuous day on the River Wye turned into a near death experience for me.

2 Likes

Let’s see…

1. Which book should I never attempt to read and why?
    ~> “The Sorrows of Young Werther” by Goethe. It’s really tiresome and annoying listening to Werther feeling sorrow for himself throughout the whole story.

2. Which film should I never watch and why?
    ~> Any “Sherlock Holmes” movies starring Robert Downey jr. as Sherlock Holmes. The way Sherlock Holmes is pictured in those movies has nothing to do with Sir Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes.

3. Which food should I never try and why?
    ~> I’m not sure if the translation of “Saure Nierle” is correct, but literally it’s “sour kidneys”. I don’t know how they taste but I got nearly sick by only smelling the dish.

4. Give me one good piece of advice.
    ~> Be kind to yourself.

5. Make up your own cautionary Friday question and answer it…
    ~> Which profession should I never seek? Computer scientist, because every computer I owned so far started to act funnily after some time with me in front of it but worked perfectly as soon as somebody else used it.

2 Likes