Pump am y Penwythnos/Friday Five 07/04/17

I would love to say someone like Daniel Day-Lewis but I’m definitely not interesting enough for him.

One of my brothers would definitely be played by a young Nicholas Lyndhurst.

3 Likes

Oh, thank God there’s someone else [ducks head and looks for cover].

Oh, okay, that’s genius. Maybe Gregynog and Castell Deudraeth one after the other? Now, we just need to finish arranging that bank raid…

Oh, you’re singing my song, lady…:wink:

Meanwhile, according to Catrin the only possible choice to play me in the movie of my life would be Walter Matthau (in his ‘Grumpy Old Men’ incarnation). Sigh.

6 Likes
  1. When was the movie better than the book and why?
    Bladerunner versus “Do androids dream of electric sheep?” No contest really. Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford (in his hey-day), dialogue to die for.

2. What routine or ritual could you never break?
    I deliberately avoid rituals. Rituals and ruts share too many letters.

3. What kind of a school pupil were you?
    Terribly boring. Terribly bored. (I’d make a better job of it if I had a second chance)

4. What would be your ultimate/ideal/perfect SSiW party?
    Not much of a party-goer, but would probably tune into the webcam… There will be a webcam won’t there?

5. Tell us about a fictional character you admire and why?
    Magister Ludi. Now there was a man who lived a principled life.

5 Likes

Lovely! I’ll have a go!

4 Likes

LOL! I knew there was a reason I liked you! Spot on!

2 Likes

Cool!!! :clap:

1 Like

That’s a lovely thing to have read first thing this morning. Diolch! :smile:

2 Likes

WOW! I love animation! YAY! All sorts of animation! :slight_smile: (as long as it’s friendly of course) :slight_smile:

Now my part (not too interesting not too readable either, but anyway):

I don’t remember any to be better and I’m not either TV, neither books woman these days but anyway. I found “A Perfect Spy” movie a bit better then the book by John Le Carré. In the book there are some a bit too long inserts of describing things (what is maybe logical since a movie can tell you all with ifself).

To kiss my husband when he goes from home (if I’m home), to say my son Good night when I go to bed and fare well when he goes to school (when I’m home) and (the most important) to stay next to the window waving goodbye when my husband and son go from home by car and I’m home (or I’m staying home). I feel if I’d fail to do this one time only the bad thing could happen so I once ran out of the shower wrapped in the tawel, water still dripping from me to be at the window on time to wave goodbye. …

What I didn’t learn entirely yet is to listen to my intuitive inner me most of the time … a very useful “ritual” I should totally adopt once in my life

Smart (for my age and circumstances), quite hysteric (the course of life might be the reason for that), too talkative and kind of (trying to be) a commander. Not very popular though and (if I think about it now) bullied at the middle school (but I didn’t take it as such thing most of the time at all though).

this is not to be understood as downgrading of me, but I’d like to go ot the party, however when I am at one I find out I dont’ belog there at all. So … if there’s a webcam on this one, I might (just might, depends of the mood) peer through it to say hello but I’d probably never come to one in real time. The facts that I don’t quite get half of the answers to this questions in this thread probably tells you all.

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/gladiator.jpg

for his honesty, bravery and fearless attitude even when facing the fate of death and for his love toward his family which was no more when he returned home from his victorious battles. And for his determination and loyalty. Kind of what one human being should be …

:slight_smile: Nobody is crazy enough to play me …

And besides … my story would be a movie disaster and would cause bankrupcy of the filmmaker(s)/film studios. :smile:

2 Likes