Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five - 05/04/2019 5️⃣

Prynhawn da! I hope you are all well and have good things planned for the weekend ahead. Here goes with this week’s collection.

1) What hasn’t yet been invented that should have been?

2) I thought that gin and a good playlist would get us out of this current mess, but it would seem that I was over optimistic. Any suggestions?

3) Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you use to…?

4) What was popular when you were young, that should be brought back?

5) Make up your own random Friday Five question and answer it…

1 Like

Cakes and biscuits that taste every bit as good with zero fat, sugar and calories … it’s surely not that difficult to master.

Also a magic spell that would allow me to achieve my dreams without needing all the “hard work and effort” mentioned in the next answer.

2) I thought that gin and a good playlist would get us out of this current mess, but it would seem that I was over optimistic. Any suggestions?
“With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything.” - Antoine Griezmann
That doesn’t mean that I condone that sort of behaviour … have you tried more gin?

… be fun? Ah yes, I remember those child-free days too. :smiley:

A lack of social media. I like it but it has made normal conversation a bit more difficult and kids don’t see the need to go outdoors as much.

Maybe you could answer it … Who will be the special guests at this year’s party? (I’m dying to know.) :wink:

2 Likes

Time travel. I have just seen an old 70’s photograph of me in a lilac woolen suit with flares and huge tulip lapels. I want to go back and tell me to wear something different as I am sure my life choices would have been better then.

I think you were spot on. Just keep drinking the gin and turn up the music and everything will look loads better.

Yes, yes, I know… ‘wear a lilac woolen suit with flares and huge lapels’.

I can think of something that should not be brought back but I am not telling!

Are you going to wear a lilac woolen suit with flares and huge tulip lapels to the SSiW 10th birthday party? Now, there’s a thought…

2 Likes

[quote=“catrinlliarjones, post:1, topic:17569”]
A brain app which automatically saves everything I really need, and deletes stuff which is of no further use. Then I could jettison the hymns I learned in Sunday School, and remember (finally) all those Welsh ‘c’ words: cwrdd, cyffwrdd, cyfrifiadur, cyfryngau cymdeithasol, cynorthwyydd (sic)…

Only a people’s revolution can save us now (with booze and music, of course).

Be in ‘The West Wing’? No, that’s Allison Janney, but it’s an easy mistake to make.

Insects.

Where can you buy the best bread in Wales? The deli in Machynlleth, (but I’m willing to test entries from other contenders).

2 Likes

A thing on my phone that can find the telly remote. Until then a post it note reminding me that it is pretty much always under the piano.

Disco.

Yes. But now I don’t. Believe me, we are all better off that way.

A telly with actual buttons on it.

What have you discovered today Catkin? That damage to the hyoid and associated structures can (rarely) cause stroke like symptoms in the horse. Oh, and there’s sausages for tea.
Those two things are not related, before anyone gets alarmed. The horse will probably be fine! I’m hoping the sausages will be too!

4 Likes