Public test of Discourse forum software

It’s great to see everyone being so positive about Discourse!

Does anyone have anything they don’t like about it? Because seriously guys, we can go live with it in the next couple of days if there are no roadblocks - and it’s not looking like there is.

Speak now or forever hold your peace! :wink:

Hi Ifan. I think that the most important place missing on the current forum is a dedicated place for introductions/welcomes. I am not sure it is obvious it is the ‘done thing’ on the current forum whereas on the old it was pretty clear without trawling through posts. Not sure if this is an answer to your question but I do think the introductions are really important for breaking the ice. Andy

That’s very true; I still remember my welcome thread from Aran and how it made me feel less nervous about jumping into what looked like an established community of people who all knew each other already :slight_smile: Thanks for the feedback!

You sum it up better than me. That is exactly what I mean. :slight_smile:

Hi, Ifan (and Aran and everyone else). I haven’t been in here for quite a while, mostly because I don’t get that little e-mail nudge I used to get every time someone posted in a thread I had posted in. Any chance of that coming back? I suppose it could be considered a summer lull - though I have been keeping up with Lynn (lbej) in our sort-of-weekly one-on-one chats.

I only just looked at this new forum (because I got the weekly e-mail) and like it a lot. I’d say go with it, once you’re happy with what it can do.

Hey, have missed you being about here Sionedd. :slight_smile:

Yep, I sometimes miss it too. Just too scattered lately, it seems!

Hi Sionned, I was thinking about you today! Carolyn and I had a really wonderful relaxing day out together wandering round the Welsh National Botanic Gardens near Carmarthen - practising our Welsh of course. I found myself remembering what a wonderful support to people like me you had been on the old forum. I haven’t spotted you here, but that’s probably my fault as I’ve found it hard to keep up with this format.

Great to hear from you again, Sionned. Talked about you at bootcamp - only good stuff :slight_smile:

Ah, thanks for the replies folks. I’m a bit slow getting back here (and VERY busy at the moment) but am beginning to get back into the habit. Yay! I shudder to think what you may have said about me, @Hewrop!