Problems receiving the Weekly Email

post@saysomethinginwelsh.com redirecting to real mailboxes, you mean?

Is deryn.cymru a site you control? (I can’t get to it in the browser).

If it is then it would be worth comparing how all of its DNS is configured compared to the saysomethinginwelsh.com one to see if there’s an obvious difference.

1 Like

A more knowledgeable sort than me has pointed me at this article about SPF

https://support.google.com/a/answer/33786?hl=en

From the article

An SPF record is a type of Domain Name Service (DNS) record that identifies which mail servers are permitted to send email on behalf of your domain.

1 Like

Going to tag @kinetic here because I recall some interim steps with Google that might have ended up differently…

Just a suggestion, but is it worth creating a big newsletter when this is fixed to ensure subscribers who dont use the forum are aware of upcoming events like the online eisteddfod (and plug plug…bŵtcamp bach).

Puzzled here…! Unless I’m missing something, that’s pretty much exactly what the weekly email is trying to be…:slight_smile:

i meant in case it was going in the spam folder and people were not getting it :slight_smile:

I may well be a bit slow today - in the middle of building model sentences for Level 3, so brains fairly fried! - what would be different from the usual email for this? :slight_smile:

I posted earlier that I have the spam problem. I am using Gmail.

1 Like

I think he means kind of Headlined, maybe in bold type… along the lines of:
HAVE you been getting regular mailings from SSiW? IF not, we are sorry…etc.etc.

2 Likes

It could be me…done a lot of learning this morning.

If at the moment people are not getting the newsletter because their mail provider is putting it into spam then if the problem is something that can be fixed then the next newsletter would go into the inbox.

I’m sure there are peopoe who dont check their spam folder so if they dont use the forum they may just think there is no newsletter.

(And if you need a guinea pig to test the new levels…hee hee)

But then if it gets fixed and the next newsletter goes into their inbox, they’ll see it…?

[Imaging people with fresh brains looking at this and laughing]…:wink:

errr yes…so add the news from say the last two weeks aswell or as @henddraig says headline it so people are aware there were problems.

Ah, right, now I’m with you… :slight_smile: That’s what would be different. Yup, fair call - or maybe just re-play the bits that are still live/relevant, which we tend to do usually… :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair this week i have managed to confuse many things. I blame mini bootcamp, though i did find it immensely funny when one member of the group kept saying rhyw pobl instead of rhai pobl…i know its not a literal translation but i can assure everyone that sort of entertainment is not planned at bŵtcamp bach :wink:

1 Like

Hooray…:relaxed: Diolch Aran.

When I first joined SSIW, I received the weekly email but I haven’t for years now even though post@saysomethinginwelsh.com is in my contact list and have not changed email address or provider. It doesn’t go to spam either - but I am going to contact my email provider (local company) because I never get any spam at all which is odd. If it went to my spam folder I would be happy because at least I could get it.

1 Like

If you PM me your email address, Deb, I’ll check to see if you’re in the database… :slight_smile:

A friend with a talk21.com email address says she’s been getting the email every week without a problem. Not sure what that says about their spam filters, but a piece of additional information for the puzzle.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t. I only know of aweber because of the SSiW newsletter. But I concur with others here that aweber needs to fix this. I assume this is a paid for service? Then they are obligated to find a solution because it isn’t working.

@Deborah-SSi I have never received a weekly e-mail.

I notice that the SSI forum summary emails are handled by sendgrid.net. They also offer a marketing email service - have never used the marketing side of things, but their basic email sending service is good.

More importantly - the forum summary emails come through into gmail without a problem (from address of those is noreply@saysomethingin.com)

1 Like