Problem transferring lesson 6 of the intermediate course to media player

Hi,
I transferred all the lessons of the intermediate course to Windows media player except for lesson six which for some reason won’t transfer. Anyone else had this problem? Or any solution please?

A few minutes after posting the above, I found lesson 6 under a different heading so am wondering if the problem is to do with Media Player or my use of it.
Level 1 is listed under the heading SaySomethinginWelsh.com as does Level 2 lessons.
Level 3 is listed under SaySomethinginWelsh without the ‘.com’. Then I found Level 2 lesson 6 looking rather lonely listed out of screen (found it by scrolling down past the level 3 listings) listed under Unknown artist.
Although I transferred all lessons in sequence, the Player lists the first few lessons in Levels 1 and 3 after the last lesson in each. So the Media Player seems to be listing lessons in a somewhat random fashion. Anyway, I have access to all the lessons and so that’s what matters. Any computer buffs on the forum may have an interest or an opinion on the phenomenon (Kinetic maybe?). Enjoying being back learning the lessons by the way after the stroke earlier this year.

S’mae Trevor?

The MP3 files have internal tags which programs like Windows Media Player use in order to display information about the track. On some of the lessons, these tags are inconsistent. The good news is that you can edit the tags yourself! All you need to do is locate the file on your computer’s hard disk, right-click it and select Properties from the menu that appears. Then choose the Details tab:

You can edit the Contributing Artist, Album Artist, Album, and so on, so that they match the other lessons. Just leave the # field as 6. I hope this helps! If its too computer geeky for you, or you have problems, let me know!

Hwyl,

Stu

1 Like

Hi Stu,

wow -that was a quick reply! Thanks very much for the info. I’ll have a go at your suggestion tomorrow since my dear hardworking wife is due home from work in a few minutes and I’ve spent most of the day on the computer and I think the brain is fatigued out. Most grateful to you. Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers,
Trevor

Hi again Stu,

well your directive has done the trick. My playlists, due partly to the program and mainly to my own ineptitude at using it were somewhat dis-organised with repeat lessons, lessons scattered etc etc. Everything is now pruned down, correctly labelled and in order. I hadn’t looked at the ‘Advanced tag editor’ previously and since I hadn’t used the program for a music collection, had never really familiarized with it. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Trevor

1 Like

Croeso! Dw i’n hapus i helpu chdi!

Hwyl,

Stu

1 Like