Problem subscribing and accessing Level 2

I have downloaded the ssiw app on my phone and completed level 1. There seems to be a glitch and I cannot subscribe and therefore gain access to the next stage learning.
Any advice?

1 Like

First of all, llongyfarchiadau mawr (big congrats) on getting through level 1, da iawn!

Are you on iOS or on Android? Are you logged in within the App?
Tagging @aran and @Iestyn for further assistance.

2 Likes

Brilliant! Getting to the end of level 1 is no mean feat - theres’s loads of Welsh that you’ve learnt there, and while we try to make it as easy as possible to complete the work, it’s still a lot of work to get through. Da iawn ti, give yourself a well earned pat on the back!

There may be a number of causes here, but the first one that springs to my mind is that you are trying to subscribe via the app. As far as I am aware, that is not possible. The way forward it to subscribe on the website (go to challenges, and try to acc ess level 2), which will then carry over onto the app (as along as your login details on the app and website are the same).

The only other issue I know of with subscriptions is that you are not able to subscribe twice, so if you have subscribed before, then you will need to let us knwo so that we can get rid of your old details to allow a new subscription.

Do either of those help?

3 Likes
  • List item

Thank you Hendrik and iestyn for replying so quickly. I am using iOS and am logged in. I have tried following the links prompted when I try to download level two challenges.
The link takes me back to another log in request which I then fill in and nothing happens. I will delete the app in the morning and reload it and try again.
Fingers crossed.
I found the app fantastic on the phone as I’m able to use headphones when walking the dog or doing chores and also Bluetooth to the car sterio for short and long journeys.
Diolch pawb.

1 Like

I wrote that reply last night but it would not send off my phone for some reason so I have logged in via a lap top today.
I am going to subscribe on the laptop and hopefully when I log back in on the phone I can gain access to the missing levels.
I will not be able to complete the course through the laptop. I prefer Bluetooth headphones via the phone as I can listen to the courses whenever is convenient.
I have taken around a week to do the first level and frustratingly lost this weekend.
I have a little knowledge from a welsh class I attended a few years back but never got past the first year as it was frustratingly slow and work commitmets made night classes difficult.
This course is fantastic although I cannot remember everything i have learned (far from it) i know it will be touched upon again so i just keep moving on.

Diolch eto

Phil

1 Like

Mae’n iawn nawr achos mae fe’n gweithio.

I subscribed on the laptop very easily and now works ar fy ffon I.

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

Bydd yn gweld chi yn bwtcamp blwyffen nesa . . . . . … gobeithio.

Phil

2 Likes

Excellent - thank you very much for bringing this to the forum, and great to see that you’ve got it successfully solved - and thank you very much for your support… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bore Da, i Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus i Bawb :slight_smile:
I have just finished level 1 and subscribed to start level 2. I can’t seem to access level 2 on the app. - no problem on the laptop, but I use my phone 90% of the time for learning. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. but I still can’t seem to access it…am I missing something obvious?! I
Thank-you :slight_smile:

Hm, are you logged into your account from within the app? If yes, and you still can’t access the lessons, then please let us know what OS you are using (Android or iOS) for further assistance. I’m tagging @aran just in case.

1 Like

Hi @Sophieamelia - I think you might need to look for a settings wheel and check that you’re logged in - as Hendrik says, if you can tell us iOS or Android, that will help us try to figure it out… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies. It seemed to resolve itself, so perhaps there is just a delay of half an hour or so for the pp/phone to catch up :slight_smile: Back to learning, Diolch!

1 Like

Oh, that’s great news, thanks for letting us know :slight_smile: