Plygain 2019/2020

There’s one in Mallwyd in the new year usually @BronwenLewis and there are loads round here is you fancy coming you are welcome to stay over

Here’s a list of plygains that singer Gwilym Bowen Rhys has added to Facebook. Hope the link works! :slight_smile:

RHESTR PLYGEINIAU | PLYGAIN LIST
dyma restr anghyflawn, croeso i chi rannu hwn ac ewch i gefnogi a chymryd rhan | here is an incomplete list of upcoming plygain services, they usually start about 18:30-19:00 unless otherwise noted. SHARE!

Rhagfyr | Dec
17 - Parc
18 - Tyddewi
19 - Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd & Penrhyncoch
22 - Y Briw
Bore’r Nadolig | Christmas Morning

• Llanllyfni
  • Lloc
  • Pontrobert
  • Soar Nercwys
    29 - Cefnblodwel
    29 - Nantgaredig
    Ionawr | January
    1 - Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog
    5 - Capel Bethesda, yr Wyddgrug | Mold
    5 - Defynog
    5 - Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant
    5 - Llanerfyl
    5 - Capel Jewin, Llundain | London
    6 - Dinas Mawddwy
    8 - Darowen
    9 - Abergynolwyn
    12 - Llanddarog
    12 - Llanfihangel yng Ngwynfa
    12 - Llwynrhydowen
    12- Penmorfa, Porthmadog
    13 - Mallwyd
    15 - Llanfair, Harlech
    19 - Llanuwchllyn
    19 - Myddfai
    26 - Llandeilo
    31 - Llanelwy
4 Likes

Diolch o galon @jeanbrandwood. Thank you so much, this is EXACTLY the sort of thing I’ve been after!

2 Likes

Croeso mawr Margaret! Hope you find one that suits. :slightly_smiling_face:

Diolch Jean. I’ve just been to my first Plygain, it was wonderful and so great to hear a full church in full voice. I should have done some research before going, but really enjoyed it nontheless. I’ll have to see if I can squeeze in another this yuletyde.

Well done. I sang with a group at one last night too. It was less formal than most but really enjoyable because it was local and I knew loads of people. We made a bit of an error on the first carol and started on the wrong note but we were forgiven! Next one on Sunday.

1 Like

Wonderful, there were a few false starts with pitching, but that’s to be expected and everyone was patient and supportive about it. generally those choirs really made up for in the 2nd circle. Surely the point is it’s for local people to enjoy singing together, it isn’t the National Eisteddfod!

1 Like

That’s right @Y_Ddraig_Las. It’s a worship service, not a concert.

1 Like

Early Christmas morning, walking along a path lined with tea lights to the church. Singing, trumpet, flute, a hundred Nadolig Llawens and handshakes, the church bell ringing in Christmas, out to a small unplanned blaze in the dawn churchyard, and home to another ancient Welsh tradition - Buck’s Fizz and croissants. Perfect.

2 Likes

Llanddarog, 12 January, 5pm

St Nons Church, Llan-non, Sir Gâr. 5pm, Sunday January 12th

Coventry, Sunday January 12, 7pm. Côr Cymraeg Coventry (Coventry’s only Welsh male voice choir) will be performing their Plygain set again to help celebrate yr Hen Galan, the old New Year. We’re onstage first at St John the Baptist Church, Coventry CV1 3AY, 7pm on Sunday January 12, and after the interval local folk group Greengrass will do a set of traditional and modern folk songs and tunes…

Now on the BBC Sounds app…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wales-51086308

Bit late in the year for Plygain now but finally got round to hearing this recording of Côr Cymraeg Coventry - all of us are Welsh learners, some for longer than others. Please listen and we hope you like it! :slight_smile: https://youtu.be/Jr1tUuWewsQ

Thank you :slight_smile:
Andy

1 Like

Brilliant Andy! I loved it :clap:

1 Like