'Outing' Tatjana!

So how do you find your first Skype partner when you have tried speaking in the wild, and you failed even to manage a simple request for a coffee? When you need to have a proper conversation, so don’t really want to talk to another nincompoop, but don’t want to bore an advanced speaker to death? Where to find an interested, infinitely patient partner?

Well, obviously, you ask Tatjana! She said yes the minute I asked her, and we’ve just had a lovely chat, all in Welsh, with a lot of laughing and mutual back-slapping.

So now that she’s become a kind mentor as well as a dedicated learner, don’t believe a word of her protestations about the level of her Welsh. She’s ace!

And my confidence has grown 100%, so if anyone else wants to chat to a nincompoop, please form an orderly queue…

10 Likes

I always knew she is !

3 Likes

I knew she she was the GoTo person for matters technical, but it turns out that she’s a GoTo siaradwr hefyd! Da iawn ti T. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh … wait a minute! I’ve growned for some centimetres right now I believe … :slight_smile: - haha

Now, on the more sirious note: Thank you all @BronwenLewis, @brigitte and @mikeellwood for your kind words. I’m honoured in deed.

To tell you the truth I was most scared about if @BronwenLewis will cope with my sometimes not too accurate to lessons answers but she did everything just well. We had approximately 15 minutes long conversation in Cymraeg and to be more honest, I was the one who had to resort to an English word twice and not her. She spoke completely in Cymraeg what is brilliant! Now here should be no question about confidence anymore. You speak very well, very clear and understandable (at least for my ear) Cymraeg so you should be more confident as you said to me you are.

I actually didn’t sense any inconfidence in the conversation. It was all clear fluent and there wasn’t even silence (which, honestly) I expected.

Well, there will surely be ups and downs in the learning process even after this conversation but when this happens you should always remember how much you’ve already acheaved. this will drive you on just as it drives me when I (still) tend to have my lows …

Dal ati nawr Bronwen!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

:star: :star2:

1 Like

You see @tatjana you are a guiding light to all on the forum for more and more and more… :lantern: :flashlight: :vertical_traffic_light: :sunny: :exclamation:

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Thank you all. I just am trying to learn and help to other learners when and where I can … all the rest is history. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And @tatjana for single-handedly increasing tourism between Wales and Slovenia. :smile:

3 Likes

Ummm … well, exclude my history and geography knowledge … they were prooved lousy during @margaretnock’s visit. But I at least knew where the most interesting touristic attractions are. - hehe :slight_smile:

To be honest, when Margaret visited Slovenia it appears we have endless fortune with the weather. Look at what we have just right now!

It snows like mad!

4 Likes

Ooooh! That looks lovely. I’d trade our endless sticky Queensland weather for that right now.

1 Like

Be my guest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I told @tatjana in another thread that ‘mae bwrw eira yma nawr’ but it is only just starting to lie and may well disappear soon. However, I’d trade our weather for yours if it wasn’t for the spiders!

1 Like

Haha! Well yes, we do have some impressive spiders but unless you live in the bush they give you a miss. You won’t encounter red backs on the toilet seat these days. You can come and visit me on Bootcamp conditions - welsh only.

Hmm! Maybe one day, tatanja. Likewise you are welcome here - to speak welsh of course.

2 Likes

Yes, please - if that’s an open invitation for nincompoops?

1 Like

Mae drrwg gen i Fach! Dw’i ddim yn deithio nawr! 3 milltir macs!

1 Like

I had another Skype session with @BronwenLewis yesterday. If last week was 15 minutes of Cymraeg this time we improoved into 10 minutes more what means we’ve spoken pure 26 minutes of Cymraeg. I’m thrilled with how much Welsh we spoke and it was all without any particular pauses and silences. I was the one (again) who had to resort to English word twice (once it was even sentence not only word) and I had to quick type two words into google translate to say them as I didn’t want to say more English words then I just did.

I am thrilled with the conversation itself as we covered really hard themes for learners to cover … there were just passed happenings with snow in our country and how much damage it made on wineyards and fruit plantations allover Slovenia. Then we talked something about the work and comute and about talking Cymraeg itself. I was amazed with Bronwen as we were both a bit tired from the day happenings already but she still managed the perfect, clear and understandable conversation. It was harder then last time, she said, but it didn’t get much influence on how well and fluent she has spoken to me.

YAY! Dw i’n hapus! :slight_smile:

I hope there will be again that next time in whatever time gap inbetween this and next conversation she wants!

1 Like