On i'n ? or not

That is a very sweeping statement. Sometimes messages on an online forum don’t convey the nuances that are no doubt implied.

1 Like

Tut mir Leid - but I hope you got my drift

Bad ems telegram!
Naughty ems telegram!
I’m sorry. :blush:

Yes, it’s not really a matter of having to pay people to pretend to be your friends as the end aim of learning a language is it. It’s more a case of trying to get to a situation where your Welsh is good enough to speak to people socially or otherwise anyway. The best way of doing that will depend on your situation, whether you are outside Wales or inside.
There is a long tradition of doing that - didn’t George Borrow pay a stable hand to speak Welsh to him when he was in England?

Makes sense to me. I was lucky enough to have friends who were very willing to put up with me speaking Welsh to them for long conversations on a very basic level, and a couple who would even stick to Welsh when I turned to English (they wouldn’t dream of doing that now! At least, no more than they would with each other!) but many people are not in that position.

Depending on your circumstances, such things make a lot of sense to me.

1 Like

HowlsedhesServices has received a one week ban for the kind of unpleasant and unfriendly post that we will not tolerate on this forum.