(off topic) i need your knowledge people! Can anyone tell me about South Korea?

This sounds pretty awesome. As @Novem said, let us know if (when!) you are coming to Finland.

3 Likes

When, not if.:rainbow:

3 Likes

Cycling in Beijing. I agreed above that I was mad. But not that mad!

5 Likes

Fast, express, 300 kph train from Beijing to Wuhan. Slow train further south. Six bedded compartment with an open, doorless, aisle down the side. Quite enjoyed it. A lot of people want to practice English and share edible treats.

3 Likes

Its great fun!

2.9 deaths on UK roads per 100,000 inhabitants per year.

18.8 deaths on Chinese roads per 100,000 inhabitants per year.

Yes, not good. Crossing roads is much like ā€œwho hesitates is lostā€

Eekā€¦ :scream:

1 Like

We will definitely chat in Welsh, I promise, dear @henddraig. My students will be thrilled. They all know Iā€™m learning the language and are very curious about it, so it will be a wonderful experience for them (Margaret has kindly accepted my invitation to visit the school I teach in).

4 Likes

If you are, a whole lot of us are! If I was fit, Iā€™d come!! And I bet any number of the folk I know would too!!

[Aran: angry bit redacted - not appropriate for this forum.]

Sorry I doubted you! [quote=ā€œmargaretnock, post:24, topic:6670ā€]
But not that mad!
[/quote]

Good!
To @seren Lovely to see you on here again! Hope all is well with you!

1 Like

The young lady is very experienced treveler, maybe the most experienced Iā€™ve ever known and maybe she is more experienced we may ever be so I think sheā€™s just brave enough to go the way around the world many of us wouldnā€™t even dream of! Iā€™m honoured I had the priviledge to get known her in person.

You know very well, @margaretnock that I have no advise for you to give but I still can wish you luck from the bottom of my heart (altnough itā€™s quite amount of time before you go on the adventureous trip. :slight_smile: Say hello to @seren for me.

Diolch am popeth Margaret!

:thumbsup:

4 Likes

Dw iā€™n edrych ymlaen. Iā€™m looking forward to it. :rainbow:

1 Like

Itā€™s been a good while since anyone has called me a young lady @tatjana :laughing: Itā€™s more often ā€œWhereā€™s your bus pass?ā€

My husband and I sometimes have a discussion about what a lady is, and Iā€™m quite prepared to accept that Iā€™m not one!

And it was a privilege to meet you in your country Tatjana, and again in mine!

I know I have been extremely fortunate and blessed in the choices I have made and the circumstances life has given me. The decision not to fly has meant more holidays at home, but also much more interesting holidays when I have gone abroad. The job I have, and the fact that the mortgage has been paid, means that Iā€™m not tied to working when other people require me to. The personality that says ā€œWhy not?ā€ to an adventure rather than ā€œNo wayā€, inherited from my mother and well supported by by husband. So I hope to carry on ā€œSeizing the Dayā€ for as long as I can.

6 Likes

@margaretnock, in another thread mention of your immediate travels showed me a route that included Moscow but did not mention Belarus. I just wondered if you had been in any contact with @seren Maybe she is not able to organise anything, but it wouldnā€™t hurt to PM her if Belarus wouldnā€™t be wildly out of your way?? :smile:
edit, sorry Just realised @seren was on this thread earlier and that you are going to her school after all!!

Hello @henddraig. Iā€™ll be staying with the lovely @seren from over next (not this) weekend. Iā€™m supposedly busy sorting out things before I leave Wales tomorrow and London on Saturday.

2 Likes

I hardly need to say, ā€œHave a great time on your travels and, when you can and have time, keep us posted!ā€ (Are you going to Borneo? You could visit @YDraigGoch) Please give my love to @seren! Tell her I would love to try to get her visa problems sorted out so she can visit Cymru! Writing to MPs is something I am pretty experienced at. It doesnā€™t always yield results, but it can! :imp:

1 Like

We are more than likely leaving Borneo this July back to Cymru. Many years here is enough. I did look into coming back to Wales overland via Thailand, Vietnam China, Mongolia Russia Belarus/Europe over the sea and across the Severn. Thatā€™s not going to happen unfortunately because the Chinese authorities wanted to know when, where and what train I would cross the border on from Vietnam. I want the flexibility and one missed train would mean three visas null and void. Too much hassle so Iā€™ll stick to the boring 17 hour flight back to London.
Margret, if you are around and would like to visit Borneo to add to your adventures, it would be a pleasure to put you up for a few days. You can only fly to Borneo. The only scheduled boats to the outside world would mean about half a dozen little craft in choppy waters island hopping to eventually reach Singapore - and nobody does that!
Let me know if youā€™re keen. It would be nice to actually speak to somebody in Welsh. I am nearing the end of Course 1 (new Southern) and very slow and rusty but keen.
Happy travels

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind offer but I think Iā€™ll be running out of pages in my passport as it is.

:rainbow:

3 Likes

Teithio yn dda @margaretnock.

And @YDraigGoch, welcome home (even now) :slight_smile:

Hello there, itā€™s me again.

Iā€™m nearly at the end of my circumambulation around Shikoku and will be leaving Japan for South Korea in about a fortnight. I will have 10 days or so there before getting the ferry to Vladivostok.

I know very little about South Korea. Can anyone enlighten me? Where to go? What to see? Iā€™m not going north of the border. Iā€™ll look, and ask, elsewhere but you, as a community, are a valuable source of knowledge!

1 Like