NYC Meetup - October 10, 11, or 12?

Oh, we can def. do Fraunces Tavern! I thought it might be harder for you to get to, but if not then I am totally up for it.

::edit:: It looks like they are doing kitchen renovations and have a not-typical menu this week, but it still does seem like they are still serving some kind of food.

Also, they have “Sunday, from 3pm - LIVE Irish & American Trad & Folk, with Sean McNally Band & Friends” if anyone wanted to make a day of it. :wink:

Right then, it looks like there’s a choice between two places…

According to Apple’s weather thingy, it’s going to alternate raining and not raining for the next five days, and my UK weather instincts tell me to never trust forecasts like that. (Well actually, they tell me to never trust forecasts in general, but especially ones like that. :)) So with that in mind, maybe we should go for the indoor option, since at least two of you appear to be in favour of it anyway? The boat basin does have plenty of covered bits, but you really need nice weather to appreciate the place to be honest.

(@joanie - regarding reaching the boat basin, I haven’t a clue how to drive to it, but if you look at the map you’ll see that 79th continues right on through the park and under the highway thing, where it ends in a roundabout (yep, an actual one; I was surprised). That roundabout is quite literally above part of the café, which is fun. However, [their website][1] says “There is no parking allowed in Riverside Park. There are private parking garages located on the North side of Riverside Drive and 79th Street and on the south side of 79th Street between Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue”. Make of that what you will; personally I think anyone who voluntarily chooses to drive in this place is utterly mental ;-))
[1]: http://www.boatbasincafe.com/location.html

As for the live music thing - I’m busy from about 4:30 onwards, but could definitely hang around for an hour or so of it!

Cool! :slight_smile: I wasn’t sure it was convenient myself but I checked the subway map and I can get the 2/3 from Penn and it drops me about 5 mins walk from the Tavern! :slight_smile: Does that mean we’re confirmed for Fraunces Tavern??

1 Like

Really looking forward to seeing you all! Thanks for the head’s up, Jen.

Sounds a bit like it :slight_smile: Suits me!

The tavern at 1ish?

Yep, that seems to be the plan! :slight_smile:

Bill and I will be abt 15-20 min late prob, but we’ll be there.

I’ll probably be about 10 late at the current rate. See yous soon :slight_smile:

Next Sunday, the 16th at 1pm still good for everyone for a Welsh Meetup at my place? I have your email, Jen, Simon, Joanie and Bill, and Ivan. Will email you the address this week. Dwi’n edrych ymlaen at hyn!

1 Like