[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Good thinking! :wink:

Hi @Jane! Quick question, does this include coconut milk at all? Diolch! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not allergic to coconut milk (only cowā€™s and goatā€™s milk), but please can you check that they havenā€™t snuck any (cowā€™s) milk powder in with the coconut!

The stuff for drinking from the ā€˜Free Fromā€™ section is fine. If its tinned coconut milk from the ā€˜World Foodsā€™ aisle that you are after, you may need to be more carefulā€¦ Quickest way to make sure it is OK is to check if it is vegan :slight_smile:

Sorry for being awkward!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great help for me, thank you! Now I know what Iā€™m looking for!

So, @netmouse @elizabeth_jane @novem @anneevans @johnmorganjones @Y_Ddraig_Las @Jenny @Jane @amandalaing and Roger Blunden, Iā€™m thinking of making two curries. One chicken Korma and one Veggie Korma.

The curries will be dairy free and I will have factored in other food allergies that I have been informed of. Iā€™ll also be cooking the curries separately, so no cross contamination between veggie and non veggie. There will be rice (which someone else may have too cook because Iā€™m hopeless at cooking rice) and there will be some breads.

Please bring a bottle if you fancy, and with hindsight, I would probably suggest that if you feel like dessert, to bring your own to suit your own food preferences. Iā€™ll bring some after dinner mints.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Veggie Korma for me please, NKA. I sympathise, rice is tough to get consistent for mass catering.

1 Like

Iā€™m sooooo excited!

2 Likes

Me too, Iā€™m really excited, I canā€™t waiā€¦ Oh hang on, Iā€™m not in this one! Gyted. :cry:

Have a really great time pawb, enjoy yourselves and throw yourselves into it.

Iā€™m jealous.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not quite sure what I am feeling at the moment - I suspect really excited and downright terrified at the same timeā€¦

Really must stop obsessively refreshing the Bootcamp thread and start packing!

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to say that I wonā€™t be able to arrive tomorrow, for the start of the bootcamp.
I developed a very bad cold a few days ago and felt really grim last weekend. Iā€™m recovering well but am coughing a lot - all of Tuesday night and half of last night. I think this will stop in a day or two, but if Iā€™m still doing it in Caernarfon - even if I have a room to myself - I expect Iā€™d be banished to the coal cellar (assuming there is one: otherwise where - park bench, shop doorway?). Anyway, my present plan is to join you on Sunday evening, assuming the coughing has stopped, otherwise Monday.
Iā€™m sorry to let you down like this, especially as Iā€™d offered to provide transport, but I will get to Caernarfon as soon as I can get myself into an acceptable condition, with my car. Iā€™m particularly disappointed, too, to be missing Catrinā€™s chicken korma tomorrow night.
I had considered staying at home in Suffolk and having a micro-bootcamp here, speaking no English and listening to Radio Cymru for the whole week. For some reason, however, my son and granddaughter were surprisingly hostile to the idea and Iā€™ve also failed to find any local friends willing to participate, a variety of frankly unconvincing excuses being proffered. Never mind, itā€™s their loss!
Looking forward to seeing you all in Caernarfon, as soon as Iā€™m able to get there.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that John. Get well soonest.
At least youā€™r spared the blind panic Iā€™m suffering from now, thereā€™s all these words that my brain is refusing to remember, you canā€™t force your brain to do things it wants to do sometimes. I have almost finished packing! Itā€™s going to be crazy

4 Likes

It will all be fine, just as soon as you stop trying to remember those words.

I found that it took me a few days to get to that point. You may manage it more quickly, but whenever you do get there and just ā€œmeddwl yn Gymraegā€ instead of trying to think of words, itā€™s a feeling you will never forget.

Trust me, you will be amazed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Really sorry to hear that. I hope youā€™re feeling better and will be up in Caernarfon soon.

3 Likes

See you in a couple of hours, @Y_Ddraig_Las.
See you later everybody else!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh, what, is it Bootcamp already?..

We seem to have a particularly high quotient of fear this time round. I may have to think of some particularly fiendish challenges just so youā€™re not disappointedā€¦

[No, donā€™t worry, weā€™ll be moderately nice to youā€¦;-)]

3 Likes

So, Aran isnā€™t quite ready either. Nonetheless I will be leaving in 10 minutes and hitting the A470 and some Welsh will be spoke by SSIWers in Caernarfon, whether itā€™s ready or not

2 Likes

Iā€™m feeling exactly the same with a touch of nausea and fear added in.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to think weā€™re going to need to arrange a bracing session of Friday afternoon cocktailsā€¦:wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m nervous and Iā€™ve done it before! It is normal. You will be fine once you get going. My experience is that there will be lots of laughs, extreme brain strain and an immense sense of achievement by the end of the week. Iā€™m looking forward to meeting you all soon.

2 Likes

Just my luck to miss the cocktails - and Catrinā€™s chicken korma!

Maybe, maybe not - judging by the nerves, I could easily imagine the cocktail session carrying on until Sunday afternoon (if not the entire week)ā€¦:wink:

1 Like