North American Festival of Wales (NAFOW) 2015 SSIW table and meet-ups

That’s extraordinarily kind - could you please thank Dick extremely warmly on our behalf, Deb? :sunny: :thumbsup: :star2:

2 Likes

Maegan, is there anyone from Cwrs Cymraeg who will be attending by car who could bring the materials? I’m flying in and worried about how much paper I can reasonably carry (and am pondering mailing SSiW stuff to myself at the hotel…so sending it to me there is another option).

Does anyone know for sure that the SSIW / Cwrs Madog table is paid up and set to go (in that sense)?

1 Like

Megan Williams would be the person to contact about the table details - you should be able to email her through the nafow website but if not I have her email.
I was too cheap to buy an SSIW t-shirt but I had some printer sheets that you can print on cloth and I made these cloth ‘badges’ and sewed them onto my own shirts - I have one large one that is 7.5 x 7.5 (works well on your back) - one that is 4.5 x 4.5 and two that are 3.5 x 3.5

I’m happy to pass them along if anyone wants one - they would be simple to mail…

2 Likes

Yes, CM has paid for our half of the table. I’ve been in contact with Megan Williams as well and she sent me a vendor form.

Gwen Foulkes can drive the materials to NAFOW, so if we could arrange for her to deliver them to you, that would be great. Thanks!

Or, I could just ask her to bring the CM materials to the table when she gets there. Whatever works best!

Ooh yes, I’m sure I can scrounge up a shirt to put a badge on. Actually, do you have the JPEG you printed those from? I might be able to get some of that print on iron on “paper.”

I’ll be at NAFOW, although I’ll have some extra responsibilities while I’m in Columbus, but I could probably help staff the table, etc.

3 Likes

Terrific, Lewie!

1 Like

yes I do still have the jpeg, I lifted it from an email of Lynnes - I couldn’t figure out how to post it here but have forwarded the email to you, Diane, so hope that works

1 Like

Drag and drop would do the magic.

thanks tatjana, I can drag and drop the actual logo and a link to the email but not the file for the jpeg. I thought maybe because its in an email? The email was a thread that included the logo being sent to someone else so I figured I shouldn’t post it. I can cut and paste the logo though, so maybe that will work for others to copy…

2 Likes

oops I meant to say cut and paste not drag and drop

All in all, you did perfect. I say all the time that this forum engine is clever … Well, one, as you’ll see from the screenshot, can right-click and download the image

But, as you see it’s .png image not .jpg. Now I’ll save the image itself and see if .png format can be draged and dropped …

… yes it can be, however i believe copy/paste does the same though.

(I’ve deleted my “copy” to keep fhread tidy, as we don’t need two similar things here.)

Oh, and I always forget the majority of you actually do things on this forum and site from your iGears or other phones so it can be quite different thing to do thigs on here. Let me be excused for this. :slight_smile:

The banner arrived safe and sound yesterday, and WOW, Deb. It’s fantastic! I’ll take a pic of it soon and post so others can admire it, if that’s okay. How did you even make that??

2 Likes

sure, it was fun to make so glad it can get some use…

1 Like

Hi,

I’m going to Columbus for the entire event. I expect to be sharing some time at the SSIW table, too, just to give me more Welsh conversation time. Because I would like to be able to have laptop computer access at the table, I asked Megan if we could be near an AC electrical outlet. She said that she would assign us a space where that will be possible. I’ll bring a six outlet power strip and heavy duty electrical cord which will be there from Thursday afternoon until the display/market area is shut down at the end of the weekend. Others of you who will be helping at the table can make use of it, too. Please be in touch with me, so I can see at what times I can be of the most help to you.

Dave.

2 Likes

Hello Bronwyn,

I can see from the posts here that SSiW is sharing a table at the National Festival of Wales with Hefina Philips - if that’s correct. Hefina was our neighbour in Toronto. Please give her a big Hello from us if you see her and tell her we are huge fans of SSiW. I’m sure Hefina will be delighted to hear that I have learned Welsh with SSiW and that Eirwen and I now speak Welsh together at our home in Italy,

Justin and Eirwen

3 Likes

I will very gladly pass along your greetings to Hefina! I think you’re right that she will be delighted to hear that you speak Welsh together.

I have an Aunt Eirwen! It’s nice to learn of someone else with that name. Perhaps the SSiW world is small enough that our paths might cross some day? Dw i’n gobeithio!

Bronwyn

2 Likes

Bronwyn, Dave, Lewie, Liz, others – I’ve confirmed that Lynn would like to bow out of all the NAFOW prep work. I am out of pocket for a couple of days, but around midweek I’ll get a bit of a signup sheet going for the SSIW table and the SSIW meetup groups.

Deb, your second package of table trappings :slight_smile: arrived – bendigedig! Diolch yn fawr. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much to all of you for stepping in to help out with this. I’m sure Lynn will feel a lot better knowing that the preparations are in capable hands. You’re all stars! :star2:

2 Likes