Norfolk (Clwb Siarad) meet up August 2016

The next meet up is on Wednesday 24th August 2016 at the King’s Head, Norwich Street, East Dereham at 19.30 hours. Sorry it is on a wednesday again ( work shift) but It will hopefully change to Thursday nights in September. We had 14 come along last night, wow! We played a new Welsh language word game and had a recital and some excellent Welsh singing.

1 Like

Wow, 14! You put us to shame, here in Newport

hi James… hows you? ers talwm !! I didn’t expect that many to turn up and it was so hot in the pub. Last month only one could come as we had torrential rain that night ! I’m in Abergavenny beginning of August… what are you doing?

ers talwm iawn. seems like only 12 short months ago we were visiting wool museums and walking through Aberteifi banging drums. Was it you with the “sword”? Or was that @bryanroberts?

Are you about for the whole eistedfodd week? Am thinking of visiting for a couple of days, just not sure which yet.

That was indeed me, banging the drum and the “sword” carrier was Kim @Dinas (I think). I’ll be at the Eisteddfod on the Friday, so I’ll be looking out for any familiar faces during the day.
Did either of you go to Tresaith this year? I did the luxury one in Pen Llyn in April, which was hard work, but very rewarding, and the weather was glorious, as a bonus.

2 Likes

Hi Bryan! remember that procession over the bridge and the chairing ceremony, it was a hoot! Rhiannon led us, i played a tin whistle ! Haven’t gone to bootcamp this year as I have put my caravan on a season pitch in Bala where I am spending a lot of my free time this summer, James I will be at the eisteddfod on Monday and Wednesday but will be staying in Fenni. Hope to see you,

No Tresaith for me this year, yet. Though there is that September bootcamp still with places that looks tempting. Despite the bunk beds. Can’t believe you opted against those again this year, @bryanroberts!

Sut mae John
Diolch yn fawr for all the work you do to to make the evenings flow,enjoyable and so much fun had by all.Enjoy yourself at Y Fenni wish I was going but as I explained at the meeting daughter Hannah getting married August 6 prysur iawn ond edrych ymlaen.Hwyl fawr Bob

1 Like

It was a tough decision @jamesmahoney. I tossed and turned in my king sized bed in my single room (with en suite facilities) all night, wondering if I’d made the right choice! :smile:

1 Like

hi Robert, back home now. It was a lovely Eisteddfod. It was really good to meet up with SSIWers on Wednesday, so many of them. Also I chatted to quite a few people around the maes who are learning with SSIW too. Hope Hannahs’ wedding went well. Look forward to seeing you at the next meet up if you can come. I’ve go a lot of stuff from the Eisteddfod to give away