No Heart Without Language: a new venture

Hi everyone! The past few days have been a whirlwind, but I’ve got a bit of an announcement.

A few of you may remember the interview/article I did with the BBC back in late October about identity and my story with Wales. In the article I took a more direct tone and suggested there were actions that would help support the Welsh language and those who speak it.

Well, I don’t like sitting on my hands while telling other people what they should be doing. What originally began as a way to sell prints of our photos (my wife and I work as photographers, among other things) from our time in Wales has become a good deal more.

We’ve launched an organization called No Heart Without Language, with the goal of connecting people in the U.S. with people in the Celtic nations through the medium of visual art from Celtic language speakers. We hope to create a mobile gallery sometime this spring to visit different festivals and gatherings throughout the U.S. I could go on at length, but I think our website does a fairly decent job of sharing what we’re doing.

We get the name from “cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon” as well as the variants in the other celtic languages.

No Heart Without Language

1 Like

Terrific idea, lovely site - please let us know if we can help in any way. I love one of the shots you have taken from what looks like Pwllheli beach… :sunny:

@Deborah-SSi :thumbsup: