New West Midlands meet up Facebook page

I’ve started a new Facebook page called
Welsh language in the West Midlands
It is there to promote/start any groups or meetings that allow people to practice speaking Welsh
If you have a group or know of a meeting please come and join the page and let me know the details, I will then promote the meetings or any messages about the meet I.e. Change of time/venue or cancellation etc.
And once I work out how, I will pin regular meets to the group.
Please come and show your support by joining and spreading the word.

1 Like

If you have a link for this, I’d be happy to promote it on our Facebook and Twitter feeds… :slight_smile:

www.facebook.com/groups/549168488603424/

1 Like

Hi
We have a Welsh conversation group meeting in the cafeteria under the Great Malvern Library on Thursdays from 12.30 to about 2pm. Very informal. Usually about half a dozen to ten of us. All levels from beginners to several native fluent speakers, and lots in between. Just drop by and introduce yourself.

1 Like

Hi! We have a little conversation group that meet in the cafe under the library in Great Malvern on Thursday lunchtimes from about 12.30 to about 2pm. It is a drop in group, but if you let me know your email address I will put you on the list to get info about any changes. We have a mixture of several fluent speakers and the rest of us - about a dozen in all, are learners of various abilities and a few rusty speakers who spoke Welsh as children but have lived their adult lives in England with English husbands , so haven’t spoken Welsh for a while, but it gradually comes back. In order that everyone should have a chance to speak we agree on a subject each week, so that the learners can wise up on the relevant vocab, and maybe put a few sentences together to present. All voluntary, of course, but since we started this a few weeks ago it seems to have been very popular. I email everyone on my list with the subject for the next session each week, in case you miss a session. This time of year lots of people are away on holiday, so the group size can vary. It is all very relaxed, and we have a bite to eat there. I myself will be there this week,but then away ( in Wales!) for three weeks, back on the 11th August. Croeso! Lyn/Merionwen

1 Like