New to SSIW

Hi there this is my first post I think.
I joined SSIW a while ago… but I’m sad to say that I wasn’t an active member. I have now subscribed to pay monthly. I have attended evening classes for several years with a break last year. I am going back to classes in September. I would like to do SSIW alongside classes… so my question is… do I start with lesson one or try and work out where to start? Sorry for the long winded question… but this year I’m determined to make huge progress. Diolch.xx

3 Likes

Hi Tracey,
Your first decision is whether you are going to do the North or South course, depending on your personal needs or location.
Then make sure that you are on the new version of the course by starting with Level 1, Challenge 1.
I would then work through the challenges until you arrive at your level.
SSIW works on repetition and building patterns that allow you to use the building blocks of what you have learned to build your own sentences and ultimately conversations.
Starting at the beginning makes sense, in my opinion.

3 Likes

It will actually be good to start at the beginning - there are some useful nuggets in every Challenge and they’ve been carefully chosen. Everything in the Challenges is core to the language and are the most heard phrases around Cymru. The course is as thoroughly useful as you could ever hope to find.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Start at the beginning. If it’s hard, it’s the right place. If it’s easy, it’ll be easy and you will fly through it. If you haven’t actually used the materials before it will probably be a bit of both.

Pob Lwc.

3 Likes

Welcome Tracey! Great first post! Keep them coming!

Rich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome Tracey and Pob Lwc!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Tracey! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch pawb xxx

2 Likes

Welcome, Tracey!

2 Likes