New online magazine for learners and speakers: parallel.cymru

@neilrowlands, Neli … roedd hi’n dweud bo’ ddylet ti ddim yn yfed. :smile: (Neil, Neil … She said you shouldn’t drink.)

Now … to the sirious things: You did great job and the most hard one I believe. Delivering flowers for the occassion when someone dies must be the most hard task to do in deed.

Da iawn ti, Neil!

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

Read some of the articles and they were all excellent. Thanks very much for doing this.

1 Like

The web site is fantastic. I’m just starting to learn Welsh, so thanks for all your hard work.

Look at what was included in the Cylch Teifi email newsletter this week!

2 Likes

Fantastic. I’m glad that word is spreading. I have a lot of marketing work to do this month, but only have evenings and weekends to do it. Although yesterday I met the lovely Alun Williams of S4C’s Bore Da and filmed a spot which should be broadcast on 19/11…

1 Like

Da iawn ti!

Great to hear. :slight_smile:

I’m not normally a fan of parallel texts, because I find it too easy to unintentionally read ahead in the English and so sabotage your own efforts to read the target language. However, I found this worked really well, particularly on my phone - I was able to fit just the Welsh column on my screen & read it a short paragraph at a time; where there were key words that I didn’t understand I was able to swipe across to the English for that paragraph only, without reading ahead, and then carry on in Welsh. From my point of view, it worked very well.

4 Likes

So does from my point of view.

Well, to be honest, it’s all about how “honest” you are to yourself and your efforst of learning the language. So, the more “honestly” you play toward yourself, the more effort into reading and understanding will you put in not let the temptation to overtake your reading/learning.

2 Likes