New Level 3 Challenge 1

Great to see this new challenge, got 40% correct first time and my head is still spinning. This is going to be a great help in my welsh conversation and understanding.

4 Likes

Hooray! Thank you Aran and everyone else who has been involved in producing these new challenges. Can’t wait to get going!

6 Likes

Brilliant, you’re ready for Challenge 2, then… :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes!!

Wow. It’s strange to be back SSIWing. It did remind me how useful SSiW is. I haven’t gone through a challenge for ages.
I immediately noticed that my listening has improved immensely, but my speaking has not so much. It’s also nice to have the chance to think for half a second before speaking safe in the knowledge of being able to hear two reasonably ‘correct’ versions in a moment. How much did you increase the pauses by? That is what i’ve been missing really, the opportunity to correct myself and know when I’ve been a bit fast and loose with my Welsh. Also I need
I still can’t remember long sentences, but I managed a few on the first go!
I did fear my Welsh had progressed too much for LEvel 3, but Level 3 is going to be hugely useful to me. I’d completely forgotten ‘fodlon’
Question: Why the switch from fedra i to medra i ?

4 Likes

Wow! Thanks Aran and the team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Extra exposure - you’ll hear both…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I assumed the same with taswn i and taset ti

2 Likes

What @stephenhoughton said. It is good to be back doing the SSiW challenges. The new production tool/aid works very well, in that I couldn’t tell that there is all manner of automation going on behind the scenes; the sound is very good and clear.

Like @Y_Ddraig_Las , the long sentences required a few cobwebs in my head to be blown away. Others mentioned that some of the gaps are a bit longer, but that did not worry me at all, the vast majority appeared normal to me.

3 Likes

A belated thank you for these new challenges. Only just noticed them as I’ve been a bit absent for a while. Just what I need! I have a few long car journeys for work tomorrow so hoping to listen to them then.

Diolch o galon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Croeso mawr, Jean… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I surprised myself at doing quite well at this one i except for the bit about the room number! Too busy laughing out loud to hear it properly! Giggled each and every time! and not sure i’ll ever need it! :smiling_imp:

4 Likes