My intensive catchup on Level 2 this weekend

Whilst have been trying to grow my Welsh in the background, having finished all the lessons available at the time, I see that Level 2 has grown right up to lesson 25 [Northern].

I have been practising my Welsh most weeks at the Saith Seren in Wrecsam and had got out of the habit of using the SSiW material for a while.

So I decided to plunge in at Challenge 18, even though I had previously only got up to Challenge 10. Though I had also done the old Course 3 (and sort-of half understood it).

The good news was that I could pretty much follow the lesson. But I still found some surprises and learned new stuff. So, whilst I now believe (ok, know) that I can survive in the wild speaking in Welsh (things like using only Cymraeg on the bus from Bangor to Caernarfon or on the streets of Penygroes), I also know that SSiW still has plenty to teach me.

So now, impatient to catch up, I will do a short “intensive catchup” exercise. Well, semi-intensive, relatively speaking, at 2 hours a day.

I intend to complete Level 2 by doing Challenges 11, 12, 13 today (already done 18 as an experiment). Tomorrow will be Challenges 14, 15, 16 and 17. Saturday I will complete 19. 20, 21, 22 and on Sunday I will catch up with 23, 24 and 25. My brain will be buzzing a bit but I feel the need for some trochi (immersion) after a recent further delay in my plans to move to Cymru, for family reasons.

4 Likes

They do this you know. They wait until we are not looking and then quickly put more challenges up.
It’s absolutely amazing - we have a beautiful and lucky number of 25 challenges for Level 2 now.

I’m going to stay awake all night - even though the course already has 25 challenges - you never know when they are going to strike again - just to keep us off guard.

In the meantime Llongyfarchiadau for all the incredible work that went into these beautiful challenges,

Justin

1 Like

That sounds like a really excellent refresher - I’m a huge fan of the whole pattern of long breaks and then sudden sprints - it seems a much easier to way to learn, to me… :sunny: