[more success] Idea dump: how to increase learners' ability

In one of the tricider boards there’s something about integrating SSIW into Welsh for Adults. I guess that’s a tricky one for various reasons, but should we be thinking about forming more links, either formally or informally? (I don’t know how much has already been going on with this in the past…)

I know some lovely people locally (not very well) who are extremely well-intentioned, have budget, resources, buildings, organise events, are totally welcoming etc. I think they just think I’m a bit of an anomaly, picking up how to speak Welsh fairly quickly, without any of their stuff, but I’ve never made a concerted effort to try and explain it. Maybe we should be working on getting these kinds of people more interested in SSIW?

We’re very open to any kind of partnership work… we struggle a bit with our lack of resources, though, which is our on-going main ‘must solve’ thing as an organisation.

The National Centre reach out every now and again in non-specific terms, so it’s possible that we might end up doing something with them at some point - we talk in more detail to Bangor and Nant Gwrtheyrn, and might end up doing some stuff together…

Maybe if the lovely people you know could help map out what would be interesting/valuable to them, we could try to find ways to provide it? :slight_smile:

I personally struggle with lack of resources too! And the summer holidays are nearly upon us, which is why I don’t like to promise stuff I’m not likely to follow through. The idea is simmering though so I’ll try and open up some conversations when I get the chance.

1 Like