Monday Monthly meetings at the Mochyn Du

Dw i’n ymweld a Chaerdydd wythnos nesa. Galla i ddod i’r dafarn nos lun at saith o’r gloch.

Hwyl.

Dw i’n edrych ymlaen I gwrdd a ti, nos Lun am saith o’r gloch.

Alison

Tonight, 2nd March, Phil, Ashley and I are not able to go, but Sara will be there to meet up and siarad Cymraeg with anyone else who is going. She may be a little late and is taking a book to read in case no one turns up. Thanks for stepping in Sara!

Sorry, Cath’s poorly so we’re not coming into Cardiff this evening. I hope Sara’s not there on her own :frowning:

Ah no, I forgot in was tonight and can’t get there tonight now :frowning:

Time to think about our next couple of meetings, since the first Monday in April is Easter Monday and then in May it is the Spring Bank Holiday.

So, in the past we have not met on Bank Holiday Mondays, as the MD could be very busy, and also often people will have taken the opportunity to go away. Phil and I definitely cannot go on 6 April as we will be skiing in Austria - providing there is enough snow! If you want to meet then that’s fine, but we are prepared to go on 13th instead or as an added bonus!

We can make Monday 4th May, or leave it until the 11th. Let us know your decisions, particularly about April, since there may be visitors over that Easter weekend who would like to meet up.

Thanks. Alison

1 Like

Hi, I’m moving to Cardiff at the end of March and would like to come to a Mochyn Du meeting. My Welsh is very rusty as I haven’t spoken it for a while. Could you tell me when the next meetings are? Diolch. Jo

I don’t know what the current plans are, but I won’t be able to make the 13th April.

I’d certainly like to meet sometime! I’m doing a Code Club at a school which is mainly taught in Welsh (although it’s mostly English at home, poor kids).

It looks as if there won’t be anyone able to go on Easter Monday, but Phil and I will be there the following Monday, 13th. Hopefully we will have a few people then, although Kev won’t be able to come. He is on the big build up to his first Bootcamp. Have fun in the beautiful setting of the Llyn, Mr and Mrs Wondersheep!

Look forward to seeing some of you on 13th. I have a little red dragon wearing y baner ddraig goch with Saysomethinginwelsh.com on it for any newbies seeking us out.

3 Likes

Hi, all. I am planning to be in Tresaith in July for my second Bootcamp. Any chance there will be a meetup in Cardiff on Aug 3rd? Would love to go, if anyone will be there to siarad.

2 Likes

As long as I’m not asked to work that evening (shouldn’t be, as I’ll still be on the training rota), I may also be available on the evening of the 3rd August… If a meet will be held, that is!

Not sure that Phil and I will be there in August as we have a wedding in Swansea on Sunday 2nd and will be staying there that night. We then plan to visit the Eisteddfod in Meifod, so not sure if we will travel up Monday evening or Tuesday morning. But it sounds as if there might be two of you anyway! Maybe some of the regulars will be around too, but as it is a few months away they might not be able to make a decision yet.

Gavin, when do you move to Cardiff? It will be nice to meet up with you again.

Phil and I will be there tonight, 13th April. Hopefully some of you will be coming too.

1 Like

I’m looking at either mid-May or mid-June at the moment, with hopeful emphasis on the former. I’m sure I will announce my move once everything is confirmed though!
It would be nice to meet with you again, and hopefully make a regular attendance too!

1 Like

Shwmae! Just joined the website three weeks ago and already on lesson 10. I live in Riverside so I could make it for the meetings at the Y Mochyn Du. When’s the meeting for May?
Diolch yn fawr!

I’m just going to tag @ali in here in the hope that it means she’ll get some kind of email alert :sunny:

Will it be Monday 4th? I’ll just be back from Bootcamp, but I will be in the swing of drinking beer of an evening by then, I expect, so I probably could toddle over the road to the Mochyn Du…

Yes, 4th is fine for us. Hopefully there won’t be too many people out for the Bank Holiday. I think the weather - due to be colder and wetter next week- will deter some people from going out and work in our favour.

Look forward to hearing your experiences of Bootcamp Sara and maybe Kev will come also to compare notes from his northern Bootcamp. You will miss the Quiz on Sunday night, but don’t worry, Dee is planning fun and games for you next week!

Looking forward to meeting you Xose. Will bring our little dragon wearing his Welsh flag so you can find us easily.

2 Likes

Oops! Getting my weeks mixed up! Next week the weather forecast is not good, the following week (4th) it might be a heat wave!!

1 Like