Meeting Up in The Conwy Area

I`ve just finished the 5 day intense learning course with Aran and am eager to meet up with people to practice my Welsh. Is there an existing meet up in the Conwy area? If not would ayone want to start one with me??

4 Likes

Hi Simon.

I’ve just used the map to find where meet-ups take place near me (scroll down to find location of meetups map) :slight_smile: Map link

1 Like

Worth checking the weekly email - @Deborah-SSi, are you aware of anything in Conwy? If not, maybe a plug in the next email? :slight_smile:

Hi @simonadeydavies there is a meet up once a month at The Gladstone Pub in Penmaenmawr on a Saturday morning . This month it is on Saturday the 11th and I am hoping to go myself . The woman who runs it is very good and accommodating to learners of all levels . If your interested I could pm you her number :slight_smile: Also if anyone knows of any other meet ups in the Conwy/Bangor/Llandudno area or is thinking of starting one then I would be interested

1 Like

Sam, yes pls, I`d appreciate her contact details. Would still be interested if people want to start meeeting up in the Colwyn Bay Llandudno area

2 Likes

Long shot this, but if anyone is about during the day tomorrow and fancies a chat and a cuppa send me a private message and i will send my number. I’m being dropped off in Colwyn Bay at nine and hopefully able to get train/bus to somewhere! :slight_smile:

Hi. Just to let you know that there a number of ‘panad a sgwrs’ sessions in the Conwy where learners meet up to practice their Welsh. We also formed a Learners Society Cymdeithas y Dysgwyr - last year and meet every month in Deganwy. Let me know if you want details. We actually have a meeting tonight!

2 Likes

I would be interested in attending if possible @elizabethwallis :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, There is a panad a sgwrs in the Village Hall, Eglwysbach, every 3rd Saturday in the month, 10 - 11. Just turn up and you’ll be welcomed.

2 Likes

Hi
I go to a weekly informal session in Siop Lewis, Madoc St Llandudno --Fridays from 10.30 to about 11.45am. Open to all. There is also a group that normally meets in The Links, Hotel, Llandudno on a Wednesday at about 12 and I have just seen a poster for a group meeting at YHA Conwy at the same time. I have also just discovered an app called Digwyddiadur on google play that gives details of most of these these and more. I think you need an Android or Apple phone though.
Our Cymdeithas y Dysgwyr meets each month on alternate Tuesdays and Thursday evenings (bit confusing I know!) -at 7.30 pm in Deganwy. We have an e- mailing list and send out details regularly --the best way to to keep up to date is to be on this list so if you send me your email address I will add you.
Here is the notice for our next meeting.

Fydd cyfarfod Mis Mawrth ar nos Iau 9fed am 7.30 yng Nghapel Peniel, Deganwy.
Fyddwn ni’n dathlu Gwyl Dewi Sant (braidd yn hwyr!) efo Dwynwen Berry . Fydd hi’n siarad am ‘Gwisg a Ddawnsio Tradoddiadol Cymraeg’.
Bydd Dwynwen yn dod a gwisgoedd I ni eu gwisgo a’u gweld!
Te /coffi/cacen ar ol y sgwrs.
Our March meeting will be on Tuesday 9th 7.30 pm in Capel Peniel, Deganwy.
Dwynwen Berry will give a talk on ‘Traditional Welsh Costume and Dancing’. She will bring along costumes for us to see and try on!
Tea/coffee cake after the talk.
Croeso I bawb!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your detailed reply . Really helpful. I have messaged you my email address :slight_smile:

There is loads of really useful contact details here so thank you for all this information. When work allows I hope to come along to one of these meetings

1 Like

Is it this app?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.ac.p9349IJ

1 Like

I think this app is only available for Android and not for iPhone unless someone has managed to find it for Apple products.

1 Like

It is on Google play store but it won’t let me download it on either of my phones

1 Like

Me either. I tried everything! Must be a problem with the app itself. It’s pretty annoying as the app looks useful.

1 Like

Hi, I’m in Denbigh and would certainly be interested in meeting up in Colwyn Bay Area, work during the week so only available evenings and weekends.

1 Like

Is the Gladstone pub meet still happening? If so when is the November 2017 meeting? Thanks… Dw i’n byw ym Mhenmaenmawr!

Jill (alias Pengwen)

Hi @Pengwen I have just left a message on her answer phone asking if they are meeting this Saturday so will let you know (it’s usually the first Saturday of the month) I should actually be able to attend myself this month :slight_smile:

Update ; have just heard back off Megan and we are meeting in The Gladstone at 10am Saturday morning . Hopefully see you there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sam
Thanks for the heads up - unfortunately I didn’t see your message til too late - I finished work very late last night!

I’ll put it in my diary for the first Sat in December.
Diolch yn fawr
Jill

1 Like