Manchester Meet Up - July

The Manchester SSIW meet up is the 3rd Saturday in every month which means the next one is this Saturday 21st May. We meet 10.30 onwards in Manchester Art Gallery Cafe. The cafe has recently had a makeover so we now meet in the main eating area as the smaller lounging area doesn’t have enough seats.

Everyone welcome wherever you are with your Welsh. Hope to see you there!

1 Like

The June Meet up in Manchester is this Saturday 18th June - same time, same place. See beginning of thread for details. Everyone welcome as always. We had 7 people last month with lots of interesting conversation. I’m not definite about making it there myself yet this month. My son is returning from Crete that day and his 21st is the day after - so lots of preparations going on :slight_smile:
Hope it goes well.

1 Like

Oh no, we’re missing each other! I’m doing a Polyglot Meetup (any Language Lovers are welcome) on 19 June, 3pm-6pm in Duttons. Jean, I’ll keep an eye out for SSiW meetups next time.

2 Likes

Look forward to meeting you soon Kerstin! Your Meetup looks interesting too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a reminder that this Saturday - 16th July 2016 - is the 3rd Saturday in the month so it’s the Manchester Meet up - same time, same place - see start of thread for details :slight_smile:

I may not be there as I broke my foot 2 weeks ago on Pen Llyn on a quad bike trek! :frowning:
It depends what happens at the fracture clinic tomorrow.

Hope it goes well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am going tomorrow. Foot not broken after all - just a nasty sprain, so I can hobble a bit further than I thought. Hope to see others there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ugh, sorry to hear about the foot - brysia wella!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn Aran. Mae’n mynd yn well… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hapus iawn i glywed hynna - dal ati, droed! :wink:

1 Like

I’d be interested in meeting but have just started to learn Welsh. Is there a meeting in August?

1 Like

Hi Sue,

The group meets every month on the 3rd Saturday so there should be one on the 20th August. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make that one as I will be in Pen Llyn. There were 6 of us at the last meet up but group size can vary and there has been an odd occasion when only one person has turned up so it may be worth checking here to see if anyone else says they are going and on these 2 Facebook pages where I will be adding it as an event shortly.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/947259471955468/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DysgwyrCymraegymManceinion/

It doesn’t matter how long you have been learning. We are a small friendly group and we chat in Welsh and in English ( usually about Welsh or Welsh matters :slight_smile: )

Look forward to meeting you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like