Llyfr newydd - Thinking Welsh by Gareth King

Torpido ffoton but no ffactor warp?

2 Likes

Ffactor troell I think you must mean, David.

2 Likes

Bumia fi y fynu…

1 Like

If I were to buy this book for nothing else (which is highly unlikely :smile: ) I would buy it for the torpido ffoton :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Pelydrwch fi i fyny I think you must mean, David.

2 Likes

I have been a bit crafty in the final FINAL version of the index, giving instead an entry each to torpido and ffoton, so that it doesn’t stand out too much among the rest of the single-word entries. :wink:

Oh my goodness and nefi blw, I am going to be in SUCH trouble (I hope) with the usual suspects! :rofl:

1 Like

Kirk would never say that… Definitely a very Wenglish guy, Kirk. Spock would get it right though.

1 Like

I rather like the typically direct/minimalist Klingon equivalent: DaH ma’chegh! - literally of course ‘now we return!’

1 Like

The title of the book will be Thinking Welsh, and the cover subtitle will be Signposts on the Road to Fluency. Already showing on the publisher’s various websites (though without cover pic as yet as we’re still finalising it), and listed for October publication - please tell your friends. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Let us know when it’s available for pre-order :smiley:

2 Likes

I am saving up my book token.
Sue

1 Like

Details on Amazon now, and also cover. They’ve already put publication date back to November, I notice - but hey!..just in time for Christmas! :slight_smile:

Thinking Welsh: Signposts on the Road to Fluency: Amazon.co.uk: King, Gareth: 9781032281285: Books

9 Likes

Pre-order completed :grin:

1 Like

Thank you Siaron :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, I was going to pre-order but I’m not sure about getting it sent to Spain. There’s a chance I’ll get stung for Customs duty, and I shouldn’t have to pay VAT, but that’s still included. I’ll just have to wait and see if it becomes available on Amazon.es or pick up a copy first time I’m in Wales after it’s published. Brexit benefits strike again!

Perfect excuse for a visit to the Old Country! :wink:

1 Like

I don’t need much of an excuse :joy:

1 Like

Now why does that NOT surprise me? :rofl:

It is available on Amazon Italy already, have you checked on Amazon Spain?

By the way the last Routledge book I bought, instead of being shipped from the UK got printed a few miles away from here and then delivered - so no extra duties, but I don’t know if they do the same with every book.

In any case, I would tend to avoid the hardcover version! :smiley:

Of course still nice(r) to get it in Wales but just to consider all options (I still haven’t ordered, in fact, as I’m weighing all options!)

1 Like

Woohoo! I found it on Amazon Spain, so I’ve pre-ordered. I try to avoid Amazon Spain if I can as it’s hard to not inadvertently order Prime or some other such thing, but I found the tiny link that said “No, I don’t want it” and got through to the right place :slight_smile:

1 Like