Listing Welsh-speaking holiday accommodation

Diolch Jeanne! I really enjoyed your company and I’m always happy to chat in Welsh with anyone who wants to stay, though the days are a little more restricted now as I have a lodger who comes every week for work and stays Monday night to Thursday morning. Weekends are generally available though for quick visits.

Deborah :slight_smile:

I stayed at Rhydydefaid Farm (https://www.rhydydefaid.co.uk/) in Frongoch for a few nights in July 2019. The owner, Mrs Davies, is a Welsh speaker – in fact we didn’t really speak English at all except to the other guests (she must be patient!). The accommodation was nice and the breakfasts were great; I’d definitely recommend it.

2 Likes

It is no longer possible to search the Best of Wales accommodation for Welsh speaking owners. I have emailed them and this was their response. Hopefully they will reinstate this feature.

**Our website was recently updated and it appears that the Welsh-speaking owner filter was removed. *
*** you let us know the area of Wales you would like to stay, we can inform you which cottages in that area have Welsh-speaking owners. I have forwarded your email to the marketing department to ask them to review this.

2 Likes

Update of response from Best of Wales site below, looks like the ‘Welsh speaking host’ filter will be restored!
Thank you for your email. I passed on your comments to the marketing department and hopefully the filter for Welsh-speaking owners should be restored very soon. As a Welsh speaker myself, I am very grateful to you for pointing this out and bringing our attention to the omission.

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr, @Howard. I’ll certainly keep your place in mind for future. For this holiday, though, we need to stay up north around Conwy/Llandudno area to be close to the fam. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant, @camilla-3! I’ll take a look for you on Airbnb to see if your place is what we need!

What I would really like to do is stay and spend all weekend talking with a native Welsh speaker, preferably in mid/North Wales. I think it would be too expensive for me though. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Like