Listening Practice 1

Not a question, just a comment…

I’m just going through Challenge 5 on the new level 1 and as I put the audio on CDs for the car I also put the first listening practice on there too. I listened to it a couple of times on the way home from work and although I couldn’t follow it all in time the only thing that threw me was that I kept hearing ‘Go ddrapia’. I thought I was going mad as I thought all the vocabulary was based on what we had learnt so far and I didn’t ever remember hearing that anywhere. It finally got to me so just checked the SSiW site for a translation. I can see now why it wasn’t in the lessons but is useful to know none the less :smiley:

On the plus side, even though I didn’t follow all the practice at speed I did actually manage to be aware enough to spot something new the first time round so I’m pleased with that.

S’mae Brian?

The listening practises do introduce a couple of new words or phrases, and go ddrappia is one of them. The listening practises after lesson 10 of the new level 1 are at double speed, and will provide a real challenge to you, but keep at it, and they will soon be turbocharging your ability to follow real Welsh speakers talking, on the telly or radio or in social situations. They are hard, but represent a real breakthrough in listening practises. Well done for getting as far as you have, it shows that you have the ability and determination to become a Welsh speaker! Keep us posted with your progress and remember to ask on the forum if you have any problems or questions.

Hwyl

Stu