Level 2 Week 22?

My Welsh speaking friend is a bit confused on what you want her to do in Step 5 this week. She seems to think that you want her to go with me out in public to support me when I’m trying to talk to people in Welsh. I read it as you wanting us to stop being secret Welsh speakers and for her to announce on Social network that I am learning Welsh and am now a Welsh speaker (OK-not a perfect one) and proud of it. Who’s right, please? She’s lovely and so wants to help. Diolch.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the task said, but to me I think you are both right and that both things are well worth doing! :smiley: Go for it!

3 Likes

From memory, I think it’s for you to announce on social media that you’re learning… but if you could stick a quote in here I’ll see if I can untangle my thought patterns… :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s step 5.
"And one of the best ways to make sure that you rise to the challenge is to recruit a friend to support you in public.

If that feels a bit uncomfortable, don’t worry - you’re not alone - it feels like that for most people. That’s part of why it’s so effective.

So your final task for this week - is to ask ONE friend of yours (NOT someone else from the course!) to tell the world - on Facebook, or on Twitter, or on the SSiW forum - that they are going to be cheering you on every step of these last 4 weeks."

2 Likes

@andreaeynon I’m on level 2 week 22 of the six month course also. My friend isn’t on Facebook, Twitter or SSIW but she is 100% supportive and encouraging and always has been and I can definitely count on her to support me in the future and she tells folks how well I’m doing. I’m afraid I don’t feel it but I do know that something is going in as I surprise myself sometimes.
Honest injuns @aran
Pob lwc Andrea efo wythnos 22, after quick preview I think we’ll need it. It can’t get any harder can it???!
If you’re thinking of doing the 6 month course don’t let this put you off, it really keeps you focussed with lots of support.

3 Likes

Aha, yes! Didn’t remember that bit. Yup, she’s right - looking for her to say in public that she’s proud of you and supporting you… :slight_smile:

@tricia - not all things are possible - if she’s telling people in the flesh, and you know about it, that’s every bit as good as social media… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Welshpool equivalent of social media: have your friend stand on a upturned bucket by the livestock market on market day and announce your progress to attendant farming community, @Tricia ,have her whisper it loudly in the library, hire a narrowboat and loudhailer and have her speak it clearly to the dog walkers on the towpath! :wink:

2 Likes

LOVE IT !!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

After falling off the hay bale platform in the livestock market, nearly drowning with her loud hailer in the canal and banned from the library, she’ll be coming to a place near you soon🎤 @lornarhodes @andreaeynon🤨

2 Likes

Btw - Is Amwythig on tomorrow or cancelled for summer? @TriciaI did enjoy seeing you there though cannot do that often…

I have asked Bryan if meetings are on for August. Understand it’s a long way for you to come.

1 Like

Yeah, Week 23’s challenge, be able to describe, in Welsh, the efforts your friends have made to support you! (…and what it has cost them to do so!) @andreaeynon @Tricia :wink:

1 Like

WONDERFUL, Lorna and Tricia!!! Hahahaha :joy: :grinning: :laughing: We obviously share the same kind of sense of humour as well as a love for learning Welsh.
Thanks for warning about week 23, Lorna. You never know what’s going to crop up next on SSiW, do you? That’s why I enjoy it SO MUCH!! I mean - Sylvester Stallone from Iestyn !!! Great! XX

Yes @andreaeynon @lornarhodes either the same sense of humour or maybe we should blame the six month course for addling our brains. Great to have a laugh.

2 Likes

Yes, Tricia - there’s always that!! haha :grinning:

1 Like

On my way bybus & train. Bus very late, kangarooing a 126E that will stop at Dudley. This means… Well I had less time in Shrewsbury, not quite enough time to finish feeding my face before @bryanroberts arrived, so my curry&chips&rice eating was part of what he had (very good-naturedly) to tolerate. I confessed to Bryan that I am mulling over mad plans to use our meetings with 6mws @Tricia @carol-thomas & @Gog to devise a challenge (probably per Nia’s Hangouts) with which to put Clwb Clecs et al in the South on the spot…