Level 1 course guide Southern

Hi Folks
I was wondering if there was any any chance of the pdf course guide for the Southern new level 1 being available any time soon. ( for pronounication purposes of course) it would be of great help

Thank you

Itā€™s here:
Level 1 South Course Guide

All the course guides are in the FAQ on the new website.

1 Like

Thank you AnnaC. I might be a bit dense here But what New website ?

Youā€™re not being dense! My fault - sorry not to be clear. There is a new version of the website, which was in beta test. Some of us are using it, and at some point everyone will have it. I donā€™t know if itā€™s been made available to everyone or not yet.

1 Like

Just to add that the FAQ section is also available on the current website layout, as are the course guides for all the available (completed) courses/levels!
Just go to FAQ at the top of this page!

NB. If youā€™ve clicked FAQ, but still cannot find the guides, make sure the correct course is selected by clicking on ā€œSaySomethinginā€¦ā€ at the top left of the screen and select ā€˜Welshā€™. I say this as mine often goes to the Cornish pages by default!

1 Like

You should look for the post with the title

Where can I find the lesson guides and how should I use them?

on the site and not on the forum to be clear.
However Iā€™m not sure the new level guides are visible on old pages. Let me check out ā€¦

On the old page it shows under title

How should I use the lesson guides and where can I find them?

(link number 10)

And Levels are not included into old page layout (just for the record)

so now I know why people are asking so often for them.

With a permition of @aran and authors Iā€™d include those links into ā€œReally cool and interesting stuffā€ index to be accessable to all no matter the page layout until someone corrects things on old side of the sites. :slight_smile:

I see this index should obviously be extended to some non/forum but page related useful stuff.

3 Likes

Ahā€¦ I was under the impression that both sites were up to date and the new layout was just a ā€œskinā€ over the original! But then I only have access to the new layout now (I havenā€™t tried to revert back if truth be told!). Iā€™ve learned something today!!! :blush:

2 Likes

Well, I revert back when I need to for testing purposes and to look how the things are looking on old side of the site when I post something similar to this post Iā€™ve posted earlier but otherwise reverting and going forward is no needed in deed.

Now it reminded me to check how it all appears through the android app - what kind of faq youā€™re getting there. (gee I never really checked those things actually).

And, as always, Iā€™m happy I am of any help.

I still go zooming off to Spain and have found no way to stop this!! I just have to come back!!! Cornish would be a pleasant change!!!

2 Likes

@tatjana Thatā€™s a great explanation of the difference between the two versions of the website - thanks!

So does mineā€¦I think someday I shall have to do the Cornish lessons!

1 Like

I wonder if the Cornish thing is that, in the code the courses are listed alphabetically. So, if you went direct to the forum without coming from the main page, it defaults to Cornish. I have both links in my toolbar ans use them to navigate.

1 Like

@craigf I have both links in my toolbar, too, but sometimes I end up at Cornish by the road less traveled :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to think that the website just tries to remind me that I should stop procrastinating and learn Cornish!

By the way, @faithless78, have you started the Cornish course? I remember you were among the people who were planning to do it?

One more useful forum stuff! :

Hello @stella! Sut eu ti? :slight_smile: Didnā€™t see you for a while.

1 Like

Hello, Tatjana! Dwiā€™n iawn, diolch! Iā€™ve just had my first conversation with a native Welsh speaker and Iā€™m over the moon. Iā€™ve been reading your thread and Iā€™m very happy for you and your progress :sunny:

2 Likes

YAY!!! :smiley:

Thank you. Would like to hear how youā€™re doing but I believe surely better then me. I probably could learn something from you too. :slight_smile:

Isnā€™t life great anyway?! :slight_smile: :smiley: :sunny:

2 Likes

It definitely is! I have sooo much motivation now to do lessons and watch and listen to Welsh as much as I can:)

I donā€™t believe you! I know now youā€™re doing splendidly - an hour long conversation in Cymraeg is a fantastic achievement! Anyway, should we meet some day in Skype and chat for a while in Italian/Cymraeg? (whatever you prefer)

1 Like

Of course!

WHY NO ONE BELIEVES ME!? lol :smiley:

I suspect itā€™s because itā€™s very easy to notice that you set very high standards and demand a lot from yourself, and itā€™s common knowledge that perfectionist people are much better in reality than they think they are!

Anyway, PM me and Iā€™ll be happy to talk to you. Iā€™m rather free at the moment, so set a time that suits you!

1 Like