Latest details - Rescue mission for Saith Seren

£10/mis o fi hefyd …

1 Like

I think I can spare £10, so count me in too.

1 Like

Thank you all very much indeed.

I make us up to about £230 a month now - still plenty to do, but that’s an encouraging start :sunny:

If any of you want to practise your listening skills on this topic, I’ve just been asked to talk about it on Taro’r Post in half an hour or so…

2 Likes

Was than an ‘Alan Jones’ I got at the end there? [tuts]…:wink:

Aran and Heini Grufydd, have just spoken on Taro Post about Saith Seren: I’ll post a link just after two

3 Likes

Heini starts talking about 31 minutes in and Aran at 38…Also, here’s an article with Heini talking about the need for language centres like those in the Basque land.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/welsh-language-pressure-groups-disappointment-9048827

4 Likes

Well done Aran and everyone for supporting Saith Seren. I also will donate £10 per month

1 Like

Heb os nac oni bai, dwi’n barod i gyfrannu £10 y mis at y fenter wych yma!
Without shadow of a doubt, I’m ready to contribute £10 a month to this amazing place!

2 Likes

Dwi’n hapus i roi £10 y mis a chyfraniad mwy i yn syth os yw’n helpu cadw’r blaidd o’r drws.

1 Like

I would commit to £10 a month.

1 Like

Having been the first to announce the start of Saith Seren in the old old forum, I feel morally obliged to offer £10 a month (the cost of a modest bottle of claret :wink: ). More to the point, I think it’s an excellent cause :star2:

3 Likes

Just been thinking about collecting brass. Bear with me, it’s a genetic problem :wink: Would it be possible to use a tweak of the SSIW subscription route? That seems to sort out the problem of keeping it going without those of us with poor attention span forgetting :blush:

Ignore me if you’ve already been round this.

1 Like

It’s a bit tricky to keep track, but I reckon we’re up to about £300 a month pledged so far - diolch yn fawr iawn to you all.

Iestyn is going to get an account set up with GoCardless which will make it possible for people with a UK bank account to set up a payment which won’t start until we get enough pledges for the directors of Saith Seren to decide to keep going…

We’re now at the stage where if everyone who has pledged could get 2 other people to do the same, we’d have made a massive difference, and one that (with other support from existing Saith Seren members) might just be enough…

Okay folks, here’s the state of play.

We now have a dedicated GoCardless account set up for this. If you go here:

https://dashboard.gocardless.com/api/paylinks/0W52J43PPG

you can set up direct debit details - and we will not process ANY payments until we have the go ahead from Saith Seren that they’re going to try and keep it going.

If you fill in your details there, when we get enough, we’ll start a monthly payment of £10 on the first of the month.

If you’d like to contribute more, that would be fantastic and hugely welcome - you’ll just need to email me and let me know how much, so that I can put a marker on your account.

Needless to say, folks, the further you can spread this link (with an explanation that it’s for £10 a month that will ONLY be taken if Saith Seren decide to try and stay open) the better :sunny:

1 Like

Not very easily, I’m afraid, and not without incurring some extra costs that we can avoid with the direct debits :sunny:

1 Like

Is there a solution for those of us without UK bank accounts? Also, the part of me that works at a law firm wonders if there are any legal hoops foreign support would need to jump through. This seems a little different than purchasing a subscription to SSi. Not trying to rain on the parade, just want to make sure we get to the finish line with all pledges intact!

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to say - although it’s in the email that just went out! - for people without UK bank accounts, if you email me and let me know what you’d like to contribute, then if Saith Seren decide to go for it, we’ll figure out payments then - probably either via Paypal or just plain old credit card - either way, since it’s a donation, it’s actually easier than payments for goods or services :sunny:

Gwych. Beth yw dy ebost Aran? Diolch o galon i ti am dy waith. Dwi’n rhedeg y papur bro lleol Y Clawdd ac yn dysgu yn Ysgol Morgan Llwyd. Dwi wrthi’n ceisio hel cymaint o bobl y gallai i gyfrannu!

1 Like

Diolch o galon i ti Chris - geith bobl ebostio fi at aranjones […@…] gmail.com neu fynd yn syth at y ddolen ymrwymo talu https://dashboard.gocardless.com/api/paylinks/0W52J43PPG :sunny:

If you’d like to refer people to the story (and the payment details) you can now do that just by sending them to:

www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com/saithseren

:sunny: