L3 12s part of the problem is that we do not know the facts

I always have a problem with when to use "nad yn’n.
What is the difference in me saying dyn ni ddim yn gwybod y ffeithiau rather than
nad yn’n gwybod y ffetthiau.
It’s habitual sayiny dyn’n ddim for years

Brian

Yes I am at a similar stage to you Brian.

This is one of those extra special ones where the challenge is to reprogram your brain to ignore its first answer and go with the second - strangely harder than programming it to come with something in the first place ( which is odd isn’t it).

There are many, far more knowledgeable than I, and I will be interested in their answer.

I believe that the nag plays a dual role in covering both ‘that’ and negating what follows. The book I have says the dim is optional with na(g) which then starts to make it very similar.

However the book also implies this case would be a ‘bod’ for ‘that’ plus ddim option (being present tense)…

…so I suspect the answer will be there are lots of possibles - if it’s got ‘that’ covered plus a negative you can’t be far wrong.

I am also nearly certain that the answer will contain the phrase ‘don’t worry about it’.

Ha, ha.

Keep up the good work!

Rich

1 Like

thanks. avoid first answer I think of, probably best way for me
Brian.

1 Like

Oh yes:wink:

Brian, you’re fine with ‘dyn ni ddim yn gwybod’ - the ‘nad’ is being triggered in the middle of a sentence only, which is the key difference - but you’ll be understood absolutely fine whether you use it or not. This exposure, though, will make it easier for your brain to figure out what’s going on when you hear this structure in speech… :slight_smile:

Oh, and don’t worry… :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch

1 Like