Kent SSiW in Rochester - Sat 7th June

The next SSiW meet in Rochester, Kent will be Saturday 7th June at 1pm in The Coopers Arms, St. Margaret’s Street, Rochester.
Everyone is welcome to come along and practice their Welsh with us, whatever level you are at.

Hope to see you there!

Just went to the SSIW meet in Rochester and was made very welcome by Gavin Kim and John and my name is Michael
I was apprehensive before hand but soon dissipated
Thanks guys for your support…I’m looking forward to the next couple of months…especially Sat 7th June…plenty of homework…I live in the Dartford area
Diolch yn fawr iawn

…a diolch yn fawr iawn am dod Michael! It was nice to meet you. For your first meet, the Welsh you used was very clear, and we all know that will improve much further over time - even before the next meet. We look forward to seeing you there!

Looking forward to it already. For anyone interested - whatever your level - it really is a great opportunity to use what ever amount of Welsh you have without fear or embarrassment. We usually have a few laughs as well and help each other along the road…The pub and beers great as well!!!

Perfect environment for practice and learning, Mike was i think we agreed an advanced learner, thanks all, hope to attend again in the future.
Cheers J.P.

Thanks for that John…so nice to make your acquaintance also Kim and Gavin…we certainly had a good laugh as well…I think you’re more advanced than me certainly…,Welwn ni chi cyn bo hir

I was going to go, but bottled it completely. Am going to try to muster up some more courage for the 7th of June.

Once you have met the Rochester crew you will be telling others not to worry, just come and enjoy.
The same is true for other groups i have visited.
Cheers J.P.

I hope I’ll make it next time, but I’ll be listening more than speaking, that’s for sure!

Just a reminder for our next social, from one onwards, this coming Saturday the 7th. We usually go on to about five…

Just another bump in case there’s anyone pondering about coming who lives local - or not- but feels a little timid about using their Welsh. Well, you don’t have to worry: This a really laid back meetup…

Looking forward to meeting you Sam…it was my first time last month…I had a nice welcome and soon felt at home…Mike

Shwmae pawb!
Weather permitting, we should hopefully be sitting out in the beer garden again tomorrow. Otherwise, we will be in the back bar.
See you there!

Wela i chi gyd yno yn fuan. Tua un ar gloch a ddeg dw i’n dyfalu.

Gwych!!!

Well, another good meeting today at the Coopers Arms. The weather held off and warmed up so we spent the afternoon in the beer garden, and was entertained by a group of Morris Dancers too!
Diolch yn fawr iawn i Kim, John, Michael ac Hywel am ddiwrnod gwych! Next meeting will be on the 5th July. A new thread is now available on the forum for the next meet. Hope to see more people there! :slight_smile:

Great meeting up with everyone!!!
Hywel, that Edward H gig was yesterday in Llangrannog… Their final gig until their next final gig
Luckily it’s at this years Eisteddod in Llanelli.

A good meet up with Gavin Kim John and meeting for the first Hywel who is revelling in speaking welsh…I have to avoid writing welsh until I have a fair idea how to speak it…so we’re told…infants talk first…my grandson does very well
It’s certainly very encouraging when you improve I must say and hope to before next meeting…that should be our measurement in pursuing the lingo…we must sling any apprehension out of the window! and eventually slug out welsh with the best of them!..I’m tempted to say some welsh but we must not until we can speak it like a little child and they do it remarkably well!!