Kent SSiW group meets

After a fantastic turnout at our Kent meet this month, I am happy to announce that our last 2 meetings for 2014 at The Coopers Arms in Rochester will be on Saturday 15th November and Saturday 13th December, both from 1pm onwards.
As ever, everyone is welcome, whether you’re living nearby or visiting this historic picturesque town for the day. We always welcome all speakers and learners at any level. Just come and practice what you know. Hope to see you there!
:smile:

2 Likes

"The producer of the show Bore Da,Elena Roberts, is inviting us learners to send in short clips of ourselves giving our names, where we live, how long we’ve been learning for - reasons for learning; and what our favourite word is. "

After chatting, with Gavin, we’re asking all who might be attending our next meet-up (and are interested) to prepare a short - upto 30 second - piece which we will film for possible inclusion on Bore Da.
As, we’re all of different levels don’t be daunted if your only taking your first conversational steps. It really can be just as simple as using basic stuff:
“Dw i’n Fred. Dw i’n byw yn Maidstone a gweithio mewn siop. Dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg achos dw i’n caru Cymru. Fy hof gair ydy/yw …”
“I’m Fred. I live in Maidstone and work in a shop. I’m learning Welsh because I love Wales. My favourite word is…”

It’ll be great fun and your family and friends might get to see you on television. Think how cool that would be! They’d be really impressed!!!

1 Like

Just a bump for next weeks meet-up.

Bumping!

Just a reminder that our meet at The Coopers Arms, Rochester, is today at 1pm. If you just so happen to be in Kent this afternoon and fancy some Welsh chat, then please come along and join us. Doesn’t matter what level you’re at, just use what you know and enjoy the afternoon! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

…and the by-election is almost upon us. No purple and yellow ties please unless you’re prepared to launch into a tirade about the waves of 6th century immigration displacing the indigenous population and subverting the language.

Well, another meeting done. Diolch yn fawr iawn i Kim ac Hywell am cyfarfod yn dda!
The next meeting, and the last for 2014, at The Coopers Arms, Rochester, will be on the 13th December. As ever, all are welcome, at whatever level or ability you are at.
If you’re in or near the area, come along and join us for the afternoon!

Just remembered it’s this Saturday.

Bump!

Today… 1pm… The Coopers Arms, Rochester, Kent… Sgwrs Cymraeg cyn Nadolig! :blush:

1 Like

Shwmae pawb!
Just to let you all know that our first meeting for 2015 at The Coopers Arms in Rochester will be on Saturday 10th January from 1pm onwards.
As ever, everyone is welcome, whether you’re living nearby or visiting this historic picturesque town for the day. We always welcome all speakers and learners at any level. Just come and practice what you know.
Until then I would just like to wish everyone Nadolig Llawen, a Blwyddyn Newydd hapus!
:smiley:

1 Like

Bumping!!!

[quote=“faithless78, post:10, topic:1047, full:true”]
Shwmae pawb!Just to let you all know that our first meeting for 2015 at The Coopers Arms in Rochester will be on Saturday 10th January from 1pm onwards.As ever, everyone is welcome, whether you’re living nearby or visiting this historic picturesque town for the day. We always welcome all speakers and learners at any level. Just come and practice what you know.[/quote]

2 Likes

Another bump! Rwy’n gobeithio y gallwch ddod draw!

1 Like

Today we had our first meeting for 2015 at the Coopers Arms in Rochester and it was good to see Kim and Hywel again after the Christmas.
Our next meet will be on the 21st February. Of course everyone is, as always, more than welcome to come along and practice their Welsh with us, and we hope more people will be able to join us at future meetings in Kent throughout the year.

1 Like

Just bumping this up!

All are welcome to attend this meet, if you happen to be visiting the Garden of England next Saturday! :smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward 'til tomorrow…If anyone has any SSIW business cards could you pop a few along? I’ve run out. Diolch!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn i Kim a Michael ar gyfer prynhawn gwych at The Coopers Arms yn Rochester!
Our next meet will be on the 14th March. As ever, everyone is more than welcome to come along and practice their Welsh with us, so if you’re planning a visit to the Garden of England around that time and fancy practicing your Welsh, why not come along and join us?

Great to meet up with Gavin and Michael for a very pleasant afternoon. Dead impressed by how far Michael has come on since we last met: you should really consider a Bootcamp, Michael.
The beers on offer in the Coopers are really first class as well…

1 Like

It’s this, Saturday. Hopefully, will be able to watch the rugby: I’d forgotten it’s the Wales v Ireland game.
If you’ve never been before we guarantee - one condition applies * - a pleasant afternoon. All levels welcome.
It’s been great seeing how, just between each meet-up, everyone as moved on in the language - rapidly.

CONDITION: You use whatever Welsh you have.

2 Likes

Already looking forward to this, as the day before I’m attending an interview in Cardiff, so may have plenty to talk about come Saturday!

1 Like

Just the two of us but a great afternoon chatting and watching the rugby. What a great game that was . I thought Cymru might have blown it in the second half as a fine Irish team battled back though…
Discovered a great new real ale - First Dawn.

2 Likes