Is there anyone near Abergavenny?

Is there anyone near Abergavenny who d like to meet up every now and then?

2 Likes

I live near Chepstow which is possibly too far. However, there are a number of groups meet in Abergavenny every week and there are coffee mornings in Raglan but these are not necessarily SSiW groups. There is an SSiW group meeting in Chepstow and Newport and I believe Cwmbran.
You could always contact Coleg Gwent Welsh for Adults in Pontypŵl (01495 333710 Cymraeg neu Saesneg) and ask them if they are able to give you the dates and times of meetings they know about in the Abergavenny area.

Are you aware that the National Eisteddfod is being held in Monmouthshire next year. The site is Castle Meadows, Abergavenny and there is a local fundraising committee in the town.

1 Like

Bore da, as Llanddinol said there two monthly meetings in Newport, one ssiw, and two a month in Cwmbran
central library. I believe this Saturday is one of the Cwmbran weeks, from 10-30 on, go upstairs and you’ll
see a room dead ahead, usually full of people drinking tea and speaking Welsh. All very welcoming.

1 Like

Diolch

Diolch - gobeithio gallaf i n mynd

Hi rerab, there is a Welsh Society that meets in the village of Llanfoist , Abergavenny, every month. They meet in the vilage hall this Tuesday the 26th May at 7.30pm for a lecture (in Welsh) about Thomas Charles/Mary Jones of Bala. It might be worth turning up as you will more than likely meet interested people who can help
Peter Madley is the contact for the Welsh society there (http://www.cymreigyddion.org.uk/) ill PM you his email.

1 Like

Useful reply, Maynard but, to protect the contact’s e-mail against spammers or bots, the safest thing is either to PM e-mail addresses or, if you need to include them in a forum thread, post them in a form like abc[at]xyz.com. You should be able to edit your post if you agree with this.

1 Like

oh thanks I didnt know this ,

1 Like