Is it just me?

Ooh - where did you get that? I can’t see it in the app shop on my phone.

Not sure which kind of phone you have. I just looked in the Apple app store, if you search for “brwydr” it should come up. I’m in the US, but I can’t imagine that it would be available here and not there!

Inspired by the thought of crossword puzzles, I also just found this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cymru/ieithgi/gem/croeseiriau/poscroeseiriau.shtml

Just noticed that you mentioned ipad - I’ve got an android phone and tablet - but in looking for that - I did find an app called ‘Vocab Game Welsh Cymraeg’…looks a bit weird but might be able to learn something from it. I’ll investigate further. I did another search for ‘brwydr’ - (this time spelling it properly!) and found a gem matching game (!) but in Welsh…crikey!

yup - there’s an old adage which goes “Well Cymraeg cachu na Saesneg slic” :joy:

I’m sure they will - but don’t be tempted to clockwatch :wink:

4 Likes

@naltun I’m a native german speaker, so if you feel like brushing up your Deutsch, maybe we can arrange something… I’m game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But that crossword thing on BBC website looks fab…thanks.

I like the quotation - had to translate it (!) and Google gives me something odd (as ever) but I think I get the gist!:blush:

1 Like

Tried the first one - it’s much harder than the ones in my app!

Found this, don’t know if it is useful (I don’t own an Android device)…

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinint.brwydrcroeseiriau&hl=en_GB

1 Like

Yeesh, even the games are geo-blocked. “This item isn’t available in your country.“ :rage:

1 Like

Nope…doesn’t to play…not to worry…the bbc crossword thing will keep me occupied until the next leap year!

@Hendrik @CaerlanChris How bizarre that I can get that app in the United States, and it’s geo-blocked for both of you! :confused:

Just found this in the Apple app store, supposed to be in the Android store (but again, who knows about georestrictions?!)

For school children, but I’m easily amused…Besides, who doesn’t love being told “Bendigedig!” and “Hei, da iawn ti!”?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redninja.dragon&hl=en_GB

Yes, exactly this… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yee hah…whoo hoo flippin’ hoo! Yes, yes, yes…got it. Well…scruffy Welsh is my way forward. I will be joining our Knit and Natter group in the local library shortly - the aim of which will be to slip some ‘scruff’ in amongst the ‘knit one, purl one, drop one.’
But seriously, I feel that I’ve talked/thought my through this one. The course is genius. The forum even more so. Here we go…:heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Ooohh…that one works for me and while I was getting that one I found another ‘Guto nyth bryn’ also by Splinter Design…right - playtime!

1 Like

Thank you for the links to games. I get frustrated too by constantly feeling I’ve stalled. I am a slow learner, but I keep reminding myself I’ve gone from 0 to some Welsh, so I’m clearly still learning! Thank you so much for the games links/ ideas. All distractions gratefully received:)

3 Likes

AWESOME. I’m planning to revisit German more properly later this year but I don’t see why we can’t have some conversations. :slight_smile:

Vielen Dank!

1 Like

I felt the same, and was talking to my Welsh speaking friend about feeling ‘stuck’ and she taught me this:

Dyfal donc a dyr y garreg

Which means: persistence breaks the stone! :joy:

3 Likes