Interesting sounding play in Crymych

Theatr y Gromlech, Crymych, 7.30, Thursday 28 and Friday 29 May

Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru in partnership with Cwmni’r Frân Wen and Galeri Caernarfon

When Mrs Reynolds’ lovingly tended garden is vandalised. Jay, the guilty and troubled youth is sent back by the authorities to help her fix it.

Two generations locked in battle; little old Mrs Reynolds with her traditional values and “nice little life” vs. the textbook hoodie demanding respect but offering little in return. Just as they think they have the measure of each other, something is revealed and they are both shocked by what they find out.

This contemporary play by one of Wales’ most audacious playwrights – the award-winning Gary Owen – explores human nature and friendship alongside the social climate of modern Wales, giving a warm, funny and insightful glimpse into the way we live now.

Age Guidance: 12+ (Includes strong language)

Take advantage of Sibrwd — a smartphone app guiding non-Welsh speakers and Welsh-learners through the performance. Download from App Store and Google Play.

More details on the Theatr Genedlaethol website.

2 Likes

Something odd about those dates @Deborah-SSi?

Yes, very odd! I copied and pasted that from our Cylch Teifi ‘Welsh events’ newsletter without checking, so it’s wrong there too. I haven’t been able to find anything online about it, so I’ve emailed the person who sent the information to me to find out. I rather fancy going to it and Crymych isn’t too far from Llandysul.

I think it was 28/29 April and that you’ve missed it, in Crymach anyway. Some more dates this week but it finishes on Friday.

Oh rats! I’ve looked at the next newsletter which has more events for May and it’s not listed there, so I think you’re right. It must have been a mistake in the previous newsletter :disappointed: As you were everyone!

EDIT: I had a reply and apology from the person who sent out the newsletter. Sorry I missed it but I was at bootcamp anyway.