Intensive course

I was wondering when there will be intensive/residential courses? Thanks.

Hi Vicky - take a look here:-
https://site.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/bootcamp

Hi Vicky - I think there might be one place left on one of the southern Bootcamps for this year - Iestyn might be able to confirm that when he next pops in - otherwise, our next northern Bootcamp will be next Spring (well, Catrin has muttered once or twice about doing something in the autumn, but that’s a bit of a fingers crossed scenario!)…:smile:

I believe there is one place left, and it’s for this coming Bootcamp on Sunday!
But yes, better to wait for Iestyn to confirm this!

Hi Vicky! Iestyn here. I run the southern bootcamps in Tresaith, and there is indeed one place available starting this Sunday, and possibly one still available for the last week of September.

Before i go any fuirther, though - what exactly do you mean by an “intensive / residential course”?

Bootcamps are not courses, they are holidays for people to use their Welsh. For them to work, people ave to have a basic minimum - we say complete course 1 and the vocab units - and there are no lessons. People do learn on a bootcamp, but they learn by doing - by talking to real life Welshspeakers on the streets of our local towns, by living through the medium of Welsh for a whole week. There is absolutely no English spoken for the whole week.

If that’s what you’re looking for, then get in touch here for more details. If you’re looking for an intensive course that will teach you Welsh on the other hand, then we don;t do them yet, but Aran may like to speak with you about it…

(well, Catrin has muttered once or twice about doing something in the autumn, but that’s a bit of a fingers crossed scenario!)…Happy

Well even a rumour of a possible potential Bootcamp in the autumn is better than none. Could this muttering be about a possible Bootcamp after the second week in October? That would be the best bit of muttering I’ve heard in a long time. :slight_smile:

None of the muttering I’ve heard has been anywhere near as specific as that! But if the muttering escalates into full-scale ruminating, I’ll try and comment about October…:wink: