Instant Messenger in Welsh

Using an instant messenger seems to me a really good way of learning a language, particularly if you want to practise reading and writing (which I do!)
Conversations are often easy to engage with because you can reply at whatever level you are able and also support what you say with emoticons :slight_smile:
I know quite a number of people on YouTube livestream chats who just go there to learn Spanish or English or whatever the dominant language of the chat is.
I have looked around but have not found any instant messengers in Welsh - is there one which I have missed? :pray:

1 Like

At a slight tangent, are you aware of the Twitter account: @AwrYDysgwyr ? Monday evenings 9PM to 10PM UK time.

@Deborah-SSi told me about Amikumu: https://amikumu.com/ which looks great, but might not be exactly what you are looking for?
Although it’s mainly for organising speaking practice, there is some Welsh chat on the SSiW Slack channel.
If you are/were in a class/Bwtcamp/place were you met a few learners you could start up a WhatsApp group or similar? Again, not been on the Youtube Livestream chats so not sure if that would fulfil your requirement…
Good luck and let us know if you find anything you like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks for the suggestion - it looks brilliant! :slight_smile:

I usually catch Milla’s hangout (@Novem on this forum) at 7PM Monday. Milla is very friendly and appreciates that we are all starting to flag a bit at that time. Then I usually chill out on the Twitter account an hour later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just come across mention of the Slack group - this may be exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like