Iaith ar Daith (Social Media)

And how good is Adrian Chiles’ Cymraeg? Genuinely?

Phenomenal.

1 Like

Fairplay to Adrian. Looking forward to this episode. He loves the Gower but sounds like he’s chosen northern lessons. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Now you mention it, yes! I hadn’t thought about that!

@aran I presume this is because he’s from the West Midlands of England, so geographically, a northern Welsh accent would make sense?

1 Like

@aran always tend to drag learners towards the North. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
But we resist! Don’t we, @macky? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The video was very funny! And now I can’t help but wondering:
was his suitcase bigger than Carol’s? :thinking:

1 Like

Yes that’s probably right. But also likely (for the same reason) when he signed up to SSIW he didn’t realise the different choices available when choosing to learn welsh. The mumbles will welcome him anyway. Welsh is Welsh isn’t it @gisella-albertini😱

1 Like

We most certainly do. :innocent::innocent:

1 Like

Steve Backshall to be on Iaith ar Daith!

5 Likes

Speaking of celebs speaking Welsh, this just popped into my feed

2 Likes

Victoria Derbyshire learnt a few Welsh words before going in to the ‘I’m a Celebrity’ castle, and fellow campmate Vernon Kaye is a regular visitor to Anglesey - would love to see those two on a Iaith Ar Daith!

2 Likes

Just for clarity’s sake - this thread was built and made beautiful by Owen @pontypridd - but I’m very sorry to have to say that he’s not doing the social work for series 2 of Iaith ar Daith, which I think is a great pity - so we’re not sure exactly what will be happening next with social content - we’ll update you as and when we can… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oops, sorry for missing this! Um, it was a bit random, I think, just Adrian choosing after I’d said it didn’t matter much either way (that’s my usual approach to trying to smuggle the northern course in… :wink: :joy:).

I really enjoyed the christmas iaith ar daith, it was lovely to catch up with them again. It was very special because i watched the first episode with Carol Vorderman with English subtitles before i started learning Welsh, just as a result of seeing an advert on fb, and it was that that prompted me to start learning. This time i watched with Welsh subtitles and understood most of it!! I’m sure there are a fair few of us on here that started ssiw as a result of that programme :grinning:. I can’t wait for the next series!

4 Likes

Gwyliais i hi neithiwr… O’n i wedi anghofio jyst faint o hwyl caethon nhw.(?) Mae’n hyfryd. Dylai dysgu ieithoedd bod fel hyn (ac mae o’n efo SSiW!).

I watched it last night…I had forgotten just how much fun they had. It’s lovely. Learning languages should be like this (and it is with SSiW!).

1 Like

@aran - wyt ti’n gwybod pryd bydd y cyfres newydd ar y teledu? Mae fy mab yn awyddus iawn i weld Steve B yn siarad Cymraeg!

Do you know when the new series is likely to air? My son is very keen to see Steve Backshall speaking Welsh :slight_smile:

March!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This popped up on my instagram today:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COdbYd5swu9/?igshid=t223t4e68lbh

Great video which I will show everyone I know learning Welsh