How to say?

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me the correct way to say " please could you sign this for me " ? I usually say ,“fedri di senio hwn i mi os gwelwch yn dda” and am always understood but just want to be sure , particularly with the word for “sign”

Llofnodi (technically in this context), but arwyddo is also used. Otherwise you’re fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Diolch robbruce much appreciated

What’s the context, Sam? In most that I can think of, I’d expect most first language speakers to find the ‘seinio’ more natural (in terms of making them think you’re a first language speaker) than ‘llofnodi’, which is a) perfectly correct and b) maybe just a little too perfectly correct…:wink:

1 Like

Hi Aran I deliver fish ( smelly job but someone has to do it ) and after each delivery I have to get someone to sign for it . I’m glad I haven’t been saying it wrong these last few months :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, if you’re saying that to hotel and restaurant workers, you’re absolutely hitting a completely natural pattern there… :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Haha! Look at me moving in official circles! :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, you and your llofnods so fine and dandy…:wink:

1 Like

Mae seinio’n atseinio wrth y llofnod, rhywsut

1 Like