How do I find the 'assessment' that's mentioned at the end of C12, Level 1?

Always remember that you will only ever experience a road block if you are moving along the road. Frustrations and blockages are a sign of progress, even when you need a run up to get over them!

Congratulations on reaching a road block!

Iestyn

5 Likes

Niki,

Welcome to the Forum! If I could ban one 4-letter word beginning with F on this Forum, it would perhaps be ‘Fail’. Mistakes are a normal part of the learning process. One probably never ‘finishes’ learning a second language, so ‘failure’ doesn’t really come into it. Every new word that you learn is a success!
How can one fail to notice that? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Best of luck with the learning.

8 Likes

Good thoughts, @Baruch

1 Like

Everyone falls from time to time, but the only people who fail are those that don’t get back up…

So yes, there are many people who fail at learning a language, but the making of mistakes, the inability to do something that you dearly want to, the total freezing in the face of a natural speaker (or a fellow new speaker), and all the other things that happen along the journey are staging posts and experience builders. The ONLY failure is to let a roadblock (remember, you’ll only ever hit a roadblock if you’re moving!) become the end of the journey

Do, diolch Baruch, for pointing that out - it’s so easy to forget even if you’re an experienced language learner!

4 Likes

Thanks all, I’m happily sailing onto 17 next and getting more right than wrong so can’t be bad :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s brilliant - sounds like you’re doing fine there.

2 Likes