Hi I've just signed up but have a question

I’m currently 35 weeks pregnant, the reason I signed up is so I can encourage my child to learn Welsh too - I was just wondering what happens when I likely miss a week due to being in labour? Is there any way of working around that?

4 Likes

Hi @charley-lemon and welcome aboard! What a wonderful reason for learning Welsh and you’ll be giving your child a headstart hearing you practising right from the start.
There is no problem having a temporary pause from time to time when you’re doing one of the structured courses. You just need to send an email through to admin@saysomethingin.com and that will be organised for you.

2 Likes

Thanks that’s great news! Looking forward to getting started :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Come on, come on, priorities:wink:

12 Likes

aran has a little rarely-used collection of Welsh expletives which he keeps for occasions like these :wink:

Edit: I mean for you to use during labour.

3 Likes

Feel free to let me know, my partner is Australian and I want to confuse him as much as possible :smile:

3 Likes

@charley-lemon Shwmae a croeso! I posted this a couple days ago in a different thread and I thought you might find it interesting so I will post the link here too in case you missed it. According to the science, your baby may already be gaining the benefits of your new language! Pob lwc! :smiley:

7 Likes

I once was in a Welsh for Adults lesson where the teacher went completely off topic and began demonstrating how to do Welsh expletives. In fact, one expletive - not very imaginative in and of itself.

But she demonstrated how to use it as a descriptor of every other word - as sometimes you hear it used yn Saesneg.

It was the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time. I don’t know if anyone actually talks like that, but it would be very difficult to take them seriously if they did. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feel free to ask him where ‘toot’ came from. As in - “Wait here a mo’ I’ve gotta hit the toot before we grab some tinnies on the way to the barbie, luv”