Help with "chi" forms?

Hi, I am in Level 1, challenge 8, and am exhausted b/c I don’t think I should be practicing “ti” verb forms, as nearly everyone I could hope to speak with (should I be lucky enough to have the chance!) will be elderly rather formal individuals, and I don’t want to offend people or have them think I’m a complete idiot. Can anyone suggest how I can work on the “chi” forms for the dialogues?

Hi Emily,

In the challenges there is a good mix of ti and chi forms, so if you persist, you will get enough practice with both. The risk of offending or being judged an idiot by using ti is very small, particularly if you make it clear that you are a learner should you get the chance to speak Welsh. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a quick fix at this stage, just replace the ‘T’ sound with a ‘CH’ sound, and they’ll forgive you any wobbles…:slight_smile:

I was just about to say, press on through until Level 2 and you’ll have a load of phrases using “chi”. I am on Challenge 2 of Level 2 and can vouch that there are a lot in there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement. I’ve been trying to substitute, but looking up the chi forms is well and truly bogging me down!

Thank you for the positive note! No one will need me to make it clear that I’m a learner – or at least trying to be a learner. Certainly my utter foreignness will be beyond doubt.

1 Like

As will your goodwill, which is the really important ingredient :slight_smile:

2 Likes