Help SSiW by helping projects/small businesses you care about

As you may know, we’ve been getting a very strong positive response to our new 6 month course, which costs £200 and has a cast-iron guarantee - confident conversations or your money back.

As Iestyn said enthusiastically on radio a while back, half a million people through the 6 month course and we could wrap up the million speakers target before the end of the year… :wink: :slight_smile:

Now here’s where it gets interesting…

It costs us about £100 in Facebook advertising to get a new learner on the course.

That’s fine in and of itself… but it would be a LOT nicer if that £100 went to projects that actually create value right here in Wales.

And now it can.

We’ve set up an affiliate programme - which means that any project we accept as an affiliate can put a link (or pretty picture) on their website (or stick up posters etc) and we’ll hand over £100 for every new 6 month learner who comes to us from them.

We’re up and running with Nation.cymru already (pop over there if you want to see our shiny new banner!), and talking to a dozen or so other good projects/organisations.

But… I’ve become a bottleneck…

I think this is potentially a brilliant match for a lot of smaller organisations - schools, sports clubs, local charities, papurau bro, Mentrau Iaith, pubs, local shops - some of our Facebook advertising (when we just show ads to anyone in Wales) has suggested that there might be far more demand for non-classroom Welsh courses than any of us had previously imagined, in which case we might be able to help create a real shot in the arm for grassroots efforts in Wales.

But with the best will in the world, I’m not going to be able to get in touch with more than a tiny percentage of them.

If you know a local organisation that would benefit from an extra stream of income, they’d just need to sign up at a link we’d give you, and then they’d be able to choose a set of images to send to a customised URL for them, stick them on a website or ask us for a poster design, and they’d be off to the races… :slight_smile:

So I’d be hugely grateful if you could chat to anyone you know that could benefit from this, point them at this thread for details, and tell them to email admin@saysomethingin.com to ask for the link to set up their account with us… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Deborah-SSi - headline #1 next week? :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

@aran Is this just aimed at organisations that are in Wales/are Welsh?

1 Like

I had noticed the banner on Nation.Cymru this morning!! Very nice! :star2:
Such exciting times seeing SSIW expanding and more and more people speaking this beautiful language!

3 Likes

My very good friend has already been in touch with you and should be taking part quite soon.
I’m so pleased for both parties. :grin:

1 Like

At this stage, in Wales, Welsh, or Welsh connected (because otherwise the course isn’t very likely to be of interest to their audience) - but we hope to launch our Spanish 6 month course before the end of the year, at which point I think we’ll be able to work with a wider range of organisations… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would this work in the public sector if the money went towards, say, the ward’s charitable fund?

1 Like

It’s an interesting question - we’d be able to set it up easily enough, but whether or not the organisation’s policies would permit it is anyone’s guess. It would be seriously awesome if you could test the water… :slight_smile:

I’ll do some digging :slight_smile:

1 Like