Help - sorry folks, not sure how else to ask!

If my mailing program was temporarily - er - not working right (bu*****d) and some posts got wiped off it, would I fail to get forum entries which came in during that time?
If anyone replied to a posting of mine or sent something to @henddraig yesterday evening or this morning, would you please try again. I got a :heart: from @ramblingjohn for the last thing I’d posted to What’s Outside, but nothing since and the hiatus happened in that time. I have never before logged on to the Forum in the morning and found zero items highlighted for my attention, so I am a bit suspicious that something got lost!
p.s. @aran If the answer is nobody sent anything, by all means delete this whole thread!

1 Like

You might fail to get email notifications from the forum, but the little notification circles on your pic top right, and the full list of notifications if you click on your pic, should still be exactly the same as normal, since they have no connection to your mailing programme… :slight_smile:

1 Like

)'ve just :heart:your post here. The clock here in Slovenia is 16:27 what means there by you should show about 15:27. Let me know here if you’ve got notification of this particular like. For the record: I’m the only one who liked your post at the time I’m writing this.

1 Like

Thanks @tatjana, all seems well here now. It is all because BT got in a stew about hacks, because they once used Yahoo and there was a major hack of them! So “Change your password!”, they cry! So we both do. Then, I find that, on the rare occasion when I want to send mail from my ipad, it glitches. Wrong password! Janet (my housemate who is into modern computing) finds that on first set up, the ipad is happy with one password, but if you change it, you have to put it in twice - for send and receive. Sometime during this process, my mail didn’t get through or, more likely, got wiped!
Oh, my mention of ‘modern’ above - I was gee wizz up-to-date in the 70s and 80s, pretty OK in the 90s and got all old fashioned from thereon in!!

1 Like

To @aran Thanks to you and @tatjana this thread has served its purpose and is cluttering up space needlessly! Do please delete it if you can!

Hardly!

Just few b(s) I’d say. This thread doesn’t need even kb of space I believe … And … if one another would have such trouble … here’s a thread to test thingys. Quite handy for me at least. :slight_smile:

(Test agent at work in the very good mood today. :slight_smile: )

I am really glad you both @aran and @tatjana think this thread worth keeping! I felt guilty for starting it, so I’m delighted it’s actually of use!
To any coming after - welcome and have fun!!

1 Like

Reminds me of a phrase used by one famous politician to another famous politician (you can perhaps guess or remember who): ‘You were the future once’ :slight_smile:

(I feel the same about myself, by the way :slight_smile: )

1 Like