Hello from a new person

Hi. I have no idea if this is where I should be introducing myself but I have looked elsewhere and this board seems the most appropriate.

I am about to start a life long ambition and learn Welsh.

I’m a bit worried as I have CPTSD which affects my brain function. My memory really isn’t the best. But you never know. Learning Welsh might really help me in this regard. We shall see. I live in hope and so I hope to get to know you guys as I progress. Take care!

13 Likes

Hi lari! I’m just starting out on this journey too, so it’s nice to know I’m not on my own starting now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Croeso / Welcome to the forum and learning to speak Welsh.

It should be an interesting journey for you. There is a little bit of effort required in understanding yourself and how you deal with the challenges, to help the system work, but the forum is here to help. You learned to speak English so I don’t see why you couldn’t learn Welsh.

Pob lwc / Good luck!

4 Likes

Hello, hello “new person”!

I’m the most happy when I can greet someone new to our forum and community and here you are. Welcome in deed!

As @Y_Ddraig_Las says, the things can be prety challenging but don’t let them scare you or think/feel you wouldn’t manage to overcome them. It’s your pace with which you learn. You can go fast or you can go slow, as you wish. There are no “must do” things it’s just what feels right to you. It’s more beneficial if you take some “rules” into considderation to follow though but if it doesn’t work as you thought or if you feel like it doesn’t work as you thought, here we are to show you that it’s everything exactly as it should be. I know you WILL become a Welsh speaker sooner or later and when you hit the wall or something isn’t clear to you, here we are. Just don’t give up! Praise mistakes and know that even if you think your brain doesn’t seam to remember things, it certainly does at least something.

I’ve read your profile description and I’m extreamly happy here’s one who loves 3D design. Well, I’m not into design but modeling with various programes such as DAZ 3D Studio, Poser, Carrara and most of all (and mostly the only at the moment) Bryce 7. This is my beloved software and what I love to create are mountains and all kinds of waters … Yah quite different to what you love but here we are … 3D rules! :slight_smile:

So, welcome, welcome, welcome!

Welcome to @harriett-moore also, joining us just this month!

Happy learning to both and when you need to ask something or something doesn’t stick, don’t hesitate to ask on here.

BTW @lari, you posted into just the right board. Here’s no special introduction section on this forum. :slight_smile:

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Diolch @tatjana!! :blush:

2 Likes

Diolch! Thank you very much for your very warm welcome and encouragement. I will be starting the free lessons tomorrow and just rely on repetition and osmosis. And effort of course. Really helps that my wife is learning Cymraeg and doing really well.

Tatjana, I use Rhino, a nurbs based system. :blush:

3 Likes

A very big welcome, lari. Just relax and enjoy the ride - it’s great. I’m sure you will find it one of the best things you have ever done! Best wishes and good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you Andrea :blush:

2 Likes

Good luck @lari and welcome!

2 Likes

Hei Lari, big welcome to a new person! This really is one of the friendliest places on the entire virtual world, you’ll enjoy everything that goes on here, especially the support!
Regularity is reasonably important, but so is making miptakes, I mean mispakes, or even mistakes…
Now that I look at it, miss-spakes kind of makes sense!! Well almost… Makes me wonder about the etymology of mistakes…
Enjoy!!

3 Likes

Diolch, Baruch Bach!

Diolch! I look forward to learning from my mistakes which is just as well because Ivm going to make a lot of them!

1 Like

Da iawn ti! Well, I’ve checked the thing and sadly I have to say it’s quite too expensive for my pocket at the moment BUT as I’m endlessly curious person constantly aiming to try new animation, graphic, 3D modeling, photo editing, video making etc. software, I’ll surely download the trial version and have a joy for those 90-days trial periode. Not just that I like CGI and all sorts of editing, I also like to try every software to disposal for this purpose and if something I like and it’s not to pricy many times I buy it and create/edit with it.

Well, but this is kind of the story for some other thread though, sorry for going off topic!

Welcome once again. Oh and, if you publish your works somewhere, I’d be really curious to see them. :slight_smile:

Hwyl!

Moment of Inspiration is a simplified version of a nurbs based system and is much, much cheaper! Made by some of the same people that make Rhino.

Gwych! Thank you!

Hwyl!

1 Like

Welcome @lari and @harriett-moore! As you can see, we are a very friendly community, so come back often to ask any questions you have and let us know how you are doing! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Lari! I feel a bit silly saying croeso/welcome because I am even newer than you are… :wink: haha. I just joined a few hours ago, so I just want to say hello and thank you for sharing. I also have CPTSD, and it is definitely a challenge remembering everything, but it sure does feel amazing when it finally clicks! You can do it! Good luck!

3 Likes

Wow! A fellow Welsh learner with the same condition? Who’d have thought it? I have been going through the free daily lessons and am really surprised at the way the course works. It is so much more subtle than relying on memory alone - which would have borked me from day one. Yep. Challenging alright but am gaining enough confidence to go for the course proper. I have no doubt it will take me longer than most but that doesn’t bother me at all. Glad to know you have amazing moments :blush::+1::blush: and good luck with managing the condition. It’s a bit of a handful but I think learning Welsh is going to help. Not just the learning but meeting new people etc.

6 Likes

Thank you Anna.

1 Like

Welcome to you too. It’s 2 days since you’ve joined and I believe you’ve already make yourself comfortable here. Great to have you here as it’s great for everyone who joins us in learning Welsh and on here.

Croeso mawr!

Hwyl!

1 Like