Has anyone learnt Welsh due to their interest in Welsh music?

Yes. And although I can’t remember a word of what I said except Datblygu and SSiW, they said it was ok, so…I guess they know! :wink::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, you’ve already done it! Well done!!

1 Like

Oh you know, I’m not very often in Wales!
The good side of doing it the morning after I arrived is that from then on I could stop being anxious about it and just enjoy the holiday. :laughing:
The bad side is that I flew in right after hearing mostly French for two days, so my brain was quite in language confusion. Now I’d speak much better, after practicing for a few days…but well it will do anyway!

3 Likes

I’m sure you did it brilliantly! I can’t wait for the programme, it’ll be a bit of an SSIW takeover!!

2 Likes

Thank you to all of you who responded to this request - and the programme is going out on Monday night! Rhaglen Rhys Mwyn.
He’s asking for learners to send in requests over email - rhysmwyn@bbc.co.uk
Tell anyone you think may fancy it!

3 Likes

Damn, been so busy lately I completely forgot to get back in touch about this!

Ah well, I’ll look forward to hearing the programme.

I know @gisella-albertini will have flown the flag for Datblygu, so I consider myself represented in a way!

P

1 Like

Don’t forget to get your requests in to Rhaglen Rhys Mwyn for TONIGHT! Let’s make sure he hears from lots of SSiWers :slight_smile:

The programme is on Radio Cymru between 7 and 10pm.

1 Like

Well, it’s good to remind to send out requests, but as far as I know it’s a bit early to hear it - it will be aired on October 14th for the learners week!

That makes sense to me, but I got the impression from @beca-brown above that it was going to be tonight. Maybe she meant “on a Monday night” at some time, not the Monday after she posted :smile:

2 Likes

:smile:
Oh yeah, you’re right if I read @beca-brown 's post I get the impression she’s referring to THIS Monday night.
Maybe she got counfused herself after Rhys Mwyn’s tweet the other day that wasn’t too clear!

But, let’s say, I have reason to believe that the right date is October the 14th. :smirk:

2 Likes

Sorry guys - it was Rhys’s tweet that confused me!! It gave the impression that it was on tonight, or I read it that way - one of the two! So plenty of time to get your requests in…! :musical_score:

1 Like

Yeah just heard @gisella-albertini clip in the radio tonight - with Datblygu - brilliant well done Gisella!

4 Likes

Awww, thanks. I still can’t listen to myself without feeling overwhelmed by embarrassment, so I can’t judge! :sweat_smile:
Maybe in a few days! :laughing:

2 Likes

Hey, great to hear that @Novem joined the lot. Very fluently, as always. :wink: :+1:

And as usual on BBC Cymru, disguised as the lethal Russian spy Kai Saranchenko! :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh, is it out now? They actually showed me yours as an example @gisella-albertini :smile:

1 Like

No way! :rofl:

By the way, here’s the link to the show.

For our fans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’m around min. 33 (very concise!)
Kai towards the end, about 2 hrs 46 min in (definitely extended my model interview :grin: )

p.s. diolch @beca-brown for the contacts, it was fun, after all!

7 Likes

and a WHOLE ARTICLE on the Beeb website COMPLETELY about @gisella-albertini - brilliant!

3 Likes

Listened back to the show earlier today while working from home (well, I was at home with a work laptop in my vicinity - I mean, working really hard). Great stuff @gisella-albertini and @Novem. And wonderful to hear “Braidd” by Datblygu (and snippets of “Hollol X 3”, among others)!

5 Likes

Hey I had missed it first time I’ve listened to the programme, but there’s actually also @shaun speaking around min 50. And very fluent indeed!
Llongyfarchiadau, Shaun! :clap:

Looks like I’m the only one who did quite a mess of Welsh language on the radio. :sweat_smile:
But oh well, maybe a bunch of learners will realize that if someone like me could dare speaking, anyone can! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

p.s. I guess @nigelh meant BBC not Beeb :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah! Just heard @ceri-francis on sioe Aled Hughes this morning. Well done @ceri-francis!