Going to NAFoW? A quick, fun way to support SSiW!

Greetings, all!

I have an urgent request of any SSiWers who are attending the North American Festival of Wales in Calgary, Sept 1-4, 2016. Following up on Tahl’s thread from a few days ago, the organizers are quite happy to include SSiW chats and “come see what SSiW is about!” sessions as official events in their program. So far they have slated two: Friday: 5:00-6:00pm and Sunday 12:00-1:00pm. Also, because enough people are arriving early, they are offering to schedule one late Thursday afternoon, 4:00-5:00pm.

They need to know SOON, however, as programs go to print in the near future. Please, if you would be available to host any of those sessions - they only require playing an MP3 of a SSiW lesson to let people see what it’s like, you don’t have to TEACH anything! - reply on the forum ASAP so I know which sessions to have officially printed in the program. I have hosted them in the past and loved it, but alas, cannot attend this year.

Diolch!

Lynn.

1 Like

I ran SSIW taster sessions at NAFOW last year and can provide a script (I chose not to just play the MP3, though you could). It was fun and easy – maybe ten minutes of a live sample SSIW lesson, followed by time talking with people about resources for and issues in learning Welsh from 3000+ miles away.

1 Like

. #ebostwythnosol :slight_smile:

Great! Thank you. I haven’t heard from anyone yet… is anyone going to NAFoW from the SSiW family?

1 Like

This is the kind of thing where we would do much better (or will do much better) if/when we had a neater way of sharing stuff with people based on where they are - something I hope we’ll be working on by this time next year… :slight_smile:

1 Like