Going GREEN - week 19 'QUESTION' recording **Red to Green badge** ❇ (Awarded Mondays)

So, a small number of brave souls have mastered the Recording Tool, and gained their red badges.

Now let’s start turning this new skill-set into something that is going to help everyone:slight_smile:

For your next colour shift - up the grades to GREEN - please record ONE single QUESTION using the Recording Tool.

When you’ve recorded your QUESTION, post a link to it here in this very thread! (Please don’t start a new thread)

Now, we’ll be checking the speaking practice section on Mondays - so most of the time, when we see a RED post a QUESTION here, we’ll upgrade them to GREEN.

But if you post your QUESTION and you don’t get upgraded, just let @Novem know in this thread by tagging him.:slight_smile:

Remember how nerve-wracking it was the first time you spoke Welsh to someone?

Now imagine you’d been able to spend plenty of time in here practising listening to questions and then answering them… before you had to deal with a live person…

I think this could become a genuinely important contribution to the Million Speakers Project… :slight_smile:

16 Likes
Question from Neil Humphreys doing level 1
Simple question from Sandra doing Level 1 South
Problems copying a link
Speaking Practice Tasks: Info on COMPLETING, RECORDING, POSTING to gain COLOURED BADGES
Question from Meic
Question from Julie - currently doing Level 1
Question from Natalia - Currently doing Level 1
Question From Jordan Forster - currently doing level 1
Simple Question from Paul - Currently doing level 1
Question from Peter - currently doing level 1
Question from Emily- currently doing Level 1 Simple
Question from Dai Alun Level 1 North
Question from Jonson - currently doing Level 1
Question from Jen
Question from Ellie - currently doing Level 1
Question (Simple) from Charlie - Currently doing level 1
Question from Becky - currently doing level 1
Question from Ruth - currently doing Level 1
Question from Beth - currently doing level 1
Question from Hywel - currently doing Level 1
Question from ChrisW - currently doing level 1
Question from Kate Strudwick currently doing Level 1
Going BLUE- week 21 'ANSWER' recording **Green to Blue badge** :large_blue_circle: (Awarded Mondays)
Going BLUE- week 21 'ANSWER' recording **Green to Blue badge** :large_blue_circle: (Awarded Mondays)
Question from Andrew - currently doing level 1
Pink, red, green, blue and beyond... what do they mean?
Question from Beth [Level 1]
Question from Rachel currently doing level 1
Question re-post from Dai Alun Level 1 North
Question from Rachel currently doing level 1
Question from Brian currently doing Level 1 (South)
Question from Meic
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I think this is appropriate for level 1?

3 Likes

Also, I love this idea!!

3 Likes

Hat-tip to @Garys who flagged more or less this idea up in the moderator’s category just the other day - as you can see, Gary, I’ve gone for a lo-fi implementation… :wink:

3 Likes

Diolch @Garys I’ve had a good 45 minutes of entertainment from this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Must say, I’m really enjoying listening to all of these.

I think this could become a VERY big part of the SSiW experience… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :star: :star2: :heart:

6 Likes

Yes, this looks like a really good idea!
(I guess I’ll contribute some other time, when I can record without an audience…)

Just thinking too, I think an idea was muted once for a rolling live speaking session that people could drop into? (Or schedule when to drop into via a thread here.) I wonder if that would be a good idea / technically integratable?

2 Likes

I’m hoping that we’re going to be able to figure out something along these lines (perhaps not rolling, but frequent) once we get an idea of how many people are interested in the 6 month approach… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like this would be something I would be into - but because I’ve not been around here much due to work/Christmas - I’ve missed!!!

Give me 10 mins to catch up on everything here and I’ll be there now in a minute.

5 Likes

Aran, that’s really cool!! I hope everyone enjoys having a play!

2 Likes

I’d really like to have a green badge. Green is my favourite colour. If I get a green badge I may not want to swap it for any other :wink: However, I’m a bit stuck - having learnt Welsh outside of SSiW, I have no idea what level my question would come out as (and I don’t want to scare anyone with vocab or constructions they may not have come across - although to be fair, my mongrel accent is scary enough to do that anyway!). What do you suggest @aran?

3 Likes

Mmm, go for my favourite - rough guess? This feels like a really simple question, or doesn’t? :slight_smile:

well, for example, if I were to ask a question in the conditional (much as I’m doing now!) using taset ti & faset ti, where would that fit? Or I could go for a very simple straightforward alternative. I know eventually we’ll have a decent spread of questions over all levels, but is there any level you’d particularly like to build up first?

I think simple is good at this stage, but I’m not all that worried, because I think this is also going to be a fun and valuable resource for our more advanced folk… :slight_smile:

1 Like

okey doke. Just waiting for my phone to charge up a bit and I’ll have a go (found the easiest way to do this recording palaver was to use the voice recorder on the phone then import the file to soundcloud)

2 Likes

There are iOS and Android apps, that are hawddi-pawddi lemwn-gwasgu… :slight_smile:

2 Likes